CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As mentioned in the Tuxera screenshot, it is necessary to do one of the two options:
  1. Launch Windows so that the system wakes up from hibernation. Are you able to boot Windows by pressing F12 at BIOS splash screen and choosing the Windows disk (if it appears in the list)?
  2. Remove the hibernation file and mount the NFTS filesystem on the Mac. If you do this, then any files that were being edited during the last time you used Windows will be closed. The files will not be lost; only the changes will be lost.
If you have deleted the Microsoft EFI folder then please see if this article helps:
Thanks for that link... I´ve tried with it, but unfortunately maybe I did something wrong but I wasn´t able to achieve a working EFI. I´ll just format and start over with windows. I´ve just have it for a few days anyways so It´ll take less time reinstalling all apps than wasting more time in rebuilding.
I can now see the windows partition, however I my other problem persists: I am not able to see my mechanical HDD.
Any advise for that?

Motherboard
Z490
CPU
i7 10700k
Graphics
Radeon Sapphire RX580 8gb
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi everyone,

I have successfully created my Gigabyte Z490 build and everything is working including my UAD Apollo Quad (silver 1st Gen) with the TB3 card installed. The only thing that is not showing is my Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock (TB1). Is this because it's an Alpine Ridge chip and there is a compatibility issue with Titan Ridge?
I do have the genuine Apple TB3 to TB1 adapter and genuine Apple TB cables.

Any advice and guidance would be great... thank you in advance

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I have successfully created my Gigabyte Z490 build and everything is working including my UAD Apollo Quad (silver 1st Gen) with the TB3 card installed. The only thing that is not showing is my Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock (TB1). Is this because it's an Alpine Ridge chip and there is a compatibility issue with Titan Ridge?
I do have the genuine Apple TB3 to TB1 adapter and genuine Apple TB cables.

Any advice and guidance would be great... thank you in advance
Please try the usual suspects:
  • Perform a cold boot. Check if Belkin dock works.
  • Does it work on a different Hackintosh or add-in-card?
  • When you connect the Belkin, what do you see in IORegistryExplorer under RP05?

Motherboard
Z490
CPU
i7 10700k
Graphics
Radeon Sapphire RX580 8gb
Mac
  1. iMac
Please try the usual suspects:
  • Perform a cold boot. Check if Belkin dock works.
  • Does it work on a different Hackintosh or add-in-card?
  • When you connect the Belkin, what do you see in IORegistryExplorer under RP05?
Okay. will report tomorrow.
Incidentally, I’ve not come across IORegistryExplorer. Is this a download that looks at the connections? (Sorry, learning fast all this new stuff)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580 Pulse 8GB
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580 Pulse 8GB
Please do this:
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and scroll the device tree on left side (do not use the 'search' bar) until you get to XHC.
  • All USB ports (HS01, HS02, ..., SS01, SS02, ...) will be listed here.
  • Expand HS11, HS12
  • Capture and post a screenshot

UPDATE: This may not be a good idea after all because both of the USB 2.0 headers on Vision D are managed by the single hub at HS11. If we disable HS11 we will lose both USB 2.0 headers, hence Bluetooth will not work.

Rhetorical question: Who really needs to monitor a power supply? :)
@CaseySJ Here is HS11 and HS12 screenshot below. I actually didn't install the Fenvi wifi/bluetooth card, but I guess I may down the road. Just didn't have a use for it now.

You are right though, I guess I don't really need to monitor the power supply. It was just a nice option in windows to have it show wattage, and some misc things, etc...
I wonder if it's possible to use a different long USB cable for the PSU that can plug into one of the normal USB ports instead of the mobo's header.

How difficult is it to create and change the USB-SSDT back and forth, if I decide to disable the headers for now and then use the Fenvi card later? Or can it mess things up.

HS11-HS12.png

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Here is HS11 and HS12 screenshot below. I actually didn't install the Fenvi wifi/bluetooth card, but I guess I may down the road. Just didn't have a use for it now.

You are right though, I guess I don't really need to monitor the power supply. It was just a nice option in windows to have it show wattage, and some misc things, etc...
I wonder if it's possible to use a different long USB cable for the PSU that can plug into one of the normal USB ports instead of the mobo's header.

How difficult is it to create and change the USB-SSDT back and forth, if I decide to disable the headers for now and then use the Fenvi card later? Or can it mess things up.

View attachment 486601
We can disable port HS11 without modifying the SSDT. This is one of the nice features of USBInjectAll.kext. We can simply add the following to the end of Boot Arguments in OpenCore Configurator --> NVRAM section:
Code:
uia_exclude=HS11
  • Then save config.plist
  • Reboot
  • At the OpenCore Picker, press space to reveal extra options and choose Reset NVRAMat the far right
    • It is necessary to reset NVRAM, otherwise new boot arguments will not take effect
  • When system restarts, boot macOS in the usual way
Now check sleep/wake behavior.

However, if you prefer a modified SSDT, it is attached. We would need to disable the existing one in the ACPI section and add the new one.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2-NO-HS11.aml
    957 bytes · Views: 57
Motherboard
Intel NUC6i3SKY
CPU
i3-6100U
Graphics
HD 520
By nearly all accounts here, the answer is yes! The Vision G is also a great choice.
Awesome thank you!

I just ordered all components now, they will arrive next week:

Arctic MX-4 2019
BeQuiet Pure Base 500DX
Gigabyte z490 Vision G
be quiet! Shadow Rock 3
32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit
450W be quiet! Straight Power 11
Intel Core i5 10400
8GB Powercolor RX 5700 Red Devil DDR6
1000GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280

Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 Vision D
CPU
i9 10900k
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Yes, I am using Apple Magic keyboard and trackpad plus Logitech Mx 3.

I noticed that if chrome browser is open that it will not go to sleep for some reason, now when I closed it and after 15 minutes it went to sleep right away.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ Hi there, I have an issue which I think is related to sleep. My hack is connected via an ethernet cable to my router ( I am using the 2.5Gb port at the back of the hack). Running speedtest, I get 250-273 Mbps download speed which is in line with my ISP plan. However I have noticed that the more the hack goes to sleep, the more bandwidth I lose after wake up to the point where the router reports a link speed of 100Mbps for the LAN port the hack is connected to (a drop from 1Gbps to 100Mbps). When this happens, running speed test reports download speeds of 80-90Mbps.
If I reboot the system then link is back to 1Gbps and download speeds back to around 250-270 Mbps.
I don't know exactly after how long this issue start showing up. Usually the hack stays asleep 20 hours to 22 hours per day.
Any suggestion?
Thanks