Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

No audio control on BenQ PD3200U display.

I am running 10.15.6 using BenQ PD3200U Display (3840x2160) the volume slider is grayed out (no output controls) and does not work for either Display Port or HDMI, but it shows to work for Internal Speakers, although I don't have any. Using OC-060-VISION-D

Thanks @CaseySJ for the great write up!

Last edited:
A Hackintosh might actually wear a Samsung NVME out, at least. Apparently the TRIM support for that doesn't work as expected despite being listed as Yes.

Do you update the firmware for it?

No audio control on BenQ PD3200U display.

I am running 10.15.6 using BenQ PD3200U Display (3840x2160) the volume slider is grayed out (no output controls) and does not work for either Display Port or HDMI, but it shows to work for Internal Speakers, although I don't have any. Using OC-060-VISION-D

Thanks @CaseySJ for the great write up!
Hello @wenw,

Have you tried MonitorControl? Please see this post for details:
MonitorControl will work on some but not all monitors...

Last edited:
Do you update the firmware for it?

This is with the latest firmware. If you have one with the older firmware you won't be able to use it at all without updating as it will freeze constantly.

Are we able to change the names of the options that appear in the OpenCore boot loader? My macOS appears as Catalina Backup and I want to change the name if possible. I changed the name of the drive in disk utility, but it's still showing the same name in OpenCore.

Are we able to change the names of the options that appear in the OpenCore boot loader? My macOS appears as Catalina Backup and I want to change the name if possible. I changed the name of the drive in disk utility, but it's still showing the same name in OpenCore.
Please try “Reset NVRAM” at the OpenCore Picker (press <spacebar> to reveal that option).

Now try System Preferences —> Startup Disk and check if the correct new name of the disk appears. If so, try selecting that name temporarily. Then reboot and see if the correct name appears in OC Picker. If so, go back to System Preferences and change the startup disk back to the right one.

Now try System Preferences —> Startup Disk and check if the correct new name of the disk appears. If so, try selecting that name temporarily. Then reboot and see if the correct name appears in OC Picker. If so, go back to System Preferences and change the startup disk back to the right one.

The correct name appears in Startup Disk, but the same name is showing in OC Picker.

Back