Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think again there is something with my sleep mode, if I select manually it will go no problem, but if by default I leave it for 10 minutes it will do it sometimes but somtimes it will just be on for hours and I still can`t identify what is causing this. I think it is identical behavior on Vision G and now Vision D. It is hard for me to catch the reason because I was changing all settings non stop and now finally I thought I settled and auto sleep worked through the day and now again is just not sleeping...
I have that fenvi 1200, is that is making this, i can buy that other youba or whatever is the name or it is something else preventing my system sometimes to sleep. I tried even with darkwake=0 or 2 and sometimes it works perfectly ..
Because the system sleeps when sleep is manually triggered, it means the Fenvi FV-1200HB is okay.

If the system does not enter sleep automatically, please try increasing the sleep duration from 10 minutes to 30 minutes.

Are you using Bluetooth keyboard and/or mouse? If so, what make/model?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-11700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm proud to say I followed all the steps now and I was able to dual boot windows following Casey's procedure.
Now I'm having two new questions:
1) Is it possible to install bootcamp drivers (so I can reboote into windows and vice versa without going through opencore, and also so I don't have to constantly reconnect my magic mouse and so I have full compatibility with my apple keyboard?
2) I'm having a problem in OSX: Apple keyboard works great, but f3 and f4 keys aren't working. They do work if I use the special functions using the fn key (I have it disabled because I use f1,f2,f3,f4 a lot and I preffer using special functions with fn key), but the regular f3 and f4 aren't working. Every other key works great. In fact I tried it in a website that checks keyboard input and f3 and f4 are the only keys not working.... any help with that?
Thanks for all the help I've received in this forum! You all guys rock!

I know Bootcamp is not recommended for install on Windows but I am using it on three of my hacks with no problem. My magic mouse and keyboard are fully functional on one and my Magic Trackpad 2 works perfectly on another. And I can of course reboot into either OS without going through the picker. Just like a real MAC.

Motherboard
GigaByte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
On Designare Z390 with the same bug and same sysdef (iMac19,1) there's no issue monitoring all fan speeds. On Z490 Vision D we also have no issue monitoring all fan speeds.
Casey,
I'm on the Z490 with your install and I've tried TG Pro and iStat. TG Pro shows all CPU temperatures, Die, Heatsink, and proximity temperatures and fan speeds for the 3 fans headers. It doesn't show the two extra temperature sensors that came with the motherboard that I installed (as far as I can tell). The Hackintosh preference is checked.

For iStat it only show temperatures for 4 Cores and Proximity. As for Fan, it shows a single Fan reading RPM (don't know if that is an average or not).

Both can show disk temperatures. Is this what is expected?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Casey,
I'm on the Z490 with your install and I've tried TG Pro and iStat. TG Pro shows all CPU temperatures, Die, Heatsink, and proximity temperatures and fan speeds for the 3 fans headers. It doesn't show the two extra temperature sensors that came with the motherboard that I installed (as far as I can tell). The Hackintosh preference is checked.

For iStat it only show temperatures for 4 Cores and Proximity. As for Fan, it shows a single Fan reading RPM (don't know if that is an average or not).

Both can show disk temperatures. Is this what is expected?
Yes, that is normal. If we install Intel Power Gadget, then iStat should show additional information. The two temperature probes are still not supported, but I hope an upcoming version of VirtualSMC and/or HWMonitorSMC will remedy that.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you look at the TYPE column, you will see that all of those drives are Apple_APFS. So none of those in the screenshot is a Windows disk.

Anyway, disabling the Paragon NTFS driver might be a good idea. I think there's an option to disable it rather than uninstall it, but I haven't used Paragon NTFS in some time...
This is all very strange... Windows works perfect, Osx works perfect... and yet... I uninstalled Paragon, competely wiped it with appcleaner, I deleted all residual files, then reboot and still nothing. I tried reinstalling it and nothing, I tried with tuxera instead and nothing. I can see my osx disk from windows using paragon Apfs with no problems... The thing is I was able to see it before. I don´t know what I could have done with the system. I tried booting in recovery mode only to find out I can´t even see the windows disk in disk utility.
So next steps I tried: I thought it might be something with the BIOS. I restored factory defaults and set the BIOS again, I reverted my EFI to the original one (from the first post, I added OpenIntelWifi and Bluetooth Kexts and made a few tweaks in my opencore config, maybe the problem was related to that?). And after that I’m still on the same page.
I’m running out of ideas. If I reinstall OSX I doubt it will work since I can’t even see the disks in disk utility through recovery mode.
Edit: what is even stranger is that I just tried plugging in a NTFS pen drive and it works perfect, but I can´t see my windows ntfs drive nor a mechanical HDD I have installed via sata. As I mentioned earlier, I could see them before...
This is driving me nuts. I was even able to see the windows drive in opencore configurator before. I could even mount its EFI partition and now it only shows mac´s EFI partition.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is all very strange... Windows works perfect, Osx works perfect... and yet... I uninstalled Paragon, competely wiped it with appcleaner, I deleted all residual files, then reboot and still nothing. I tried reinstalling it and nothing, I tried with tuxera instead and nothing. I can see my osx disk from windows using paragon Apfs with no problems... The thing is I was able to see it before. I don´t know what I could have done with the system. I tried booting in recovery mode only to find out I can´t even see the windows disk in disk utility.
So next steps I´m thinking of: If I restore or reinstall OSX, I doubt I will be able to see the disks (since I cannot see them in recovery mode). Then it might be something with the BIOS. I will restore factory defaults and set the BIOS again and see if that helps, after that... I will revert my EFI to the original one (from the first post, I added OpenIntelWifi and Bluetooth Kexts and made a few tweaks in my opencore config, maybe the problem is related to that?)
Edit: what is even stranger is that I just tried plugging in a NTFS pen drive and it works perfect, but I can´t see my windows ntfs drive nor a mechanical HDD I have installed via sata. As I mentioned earlier, I could see them before...
This is driving me nuts. I was even able to see the windows drive in opencore configurator before. I could even mount it´s EFI partition and now it only shows mac´s EFI partition
Might as well try checking Advise Windows to see if it has any effect. This is usually meant to solve the problem of being unable to select Windows disk in System Preferences --> Startup Disk.
Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 7.19.24 AM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Might as well try checking Advise Windows to see if it has any effect. This is usually meant to solve the problem of being unable to select Windows disk in System Preferences --> Startup Disk.
View attachment 486536
I tried that too, but it didn’t make a difference.
EDIT: I got good and bad news. Good news: I restarted my EFI with the one provided by casey in the first post and to my surprise I was able to see the drive under OpenCore. So I opened Disk Utility and now it´s showing.
Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 11.34.37.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 11.34.28.png

However, when I tried mounting it with Tuxera I got this message:
Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 11.33.59.png

I think the issue was that I had ThirdPartyDrives checked and AdviseWindows. So with those two disabled I rebuilt my EFI with OpenIntelWifi and bluetooth, plus the mac chime when booting opencore.
So now I have 3 problems:
1) I still can´t mount the partition, Tuxera says it´s hibernated (?)
2) I still don´t see my mechanical HDD (its also formatted NTFS and I can see it while on Windows). That one isn´t even showing in disk utility.
3) While going back to my original EFI backup I accidentally mounted the first drive's EFI partition, which happened to be the Windows EFI and I completely replaced it with OC. So now I can´t boot back to windows. Is there anyway to rebuild it?
Once again, thanks for all the help. I´m really sorry if this issues I´m having are newbie issues, I´m learning a lot on the go.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 Vision D
CPU
i9 10900k
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Because the system sleeps when sleep is manually triggered, it means the Fenvi FV-1200HB is okay.

If the system does not enter sleep automatically, please try increasing the sleep duration from 10 minutes to 30 minutes.

Are you using Bluetooth keyboard and/or mouse? If so, what make/model?

Yes, I am using Apple Magic keyboard and trackpad plus Logitech Mx 3.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So now I have 3 problems:
1) I still can´t mount the partition, Tuxera says it´s hibernated (?)
2) I still don´t see my mechanical HDD (its also formatted NTFS and I can see it while on Windows). That one isn´t even showing in disk utility.
3) While going back to my original EFI backup I accidentally mounted the first drive's EFI partition, which happened to be the Windows EFI and I completely replaced it with OC. So now I can´t boot back to windows. Is there anyway to rebuild it?
Once again, thanks for all the help. I´m really sorry if this issues I´m having are newbie issues, I´m learning a lot on the go.
As mentioned in the Tuxera screenshot, it is necessary to do one of the two options:
  1. Launch Windows so that the system wakes up from hibernation. Are you able to boot Windows by pressing F12 at BIOS splash screen and choosing the Windows disk (if it appears in the list)?
  2. Remove the hibernation file and mount the NFTS filesystem on the Mac. If you do this, then any files that were being edited during the last time you used Windows will be closed. The files will not be lost; only the changes will be lost.
If you have deleted the Microsoft EFI folder then please see if this article helps: