Will update shortly.Anyone tried Big Sur Public Bbeta 2?
It seems to be working just fine on my box, safari seems to be working; was broken on the last beta of iGPU was enabled. Sleep works.
I figured it out. I wanted to post my solution in case anyone else ran into this issue. For my configuration I had to disconnect the extra SSD drive from the motherboard that I had. Once I did that, I was able to install macOS. For some reason having an extra drive connected to the MoBo caused this issue."InstallAssistant" generated a memory access violation (segmentation fault in which the process tried to access memory outside of its allocated memory segment).
Couple of suggestions:
Do you have another SSD available just in case there's a problem with WD M.2? Even a SATA SSD can be used temporarily.
- Use a good name brand USB flash disk (USB 3.0 preferred) and capacity of 16GB or larger.
- Erase the USB flash disk.
- Re-create the USB flash disk (no need to re-download Catalina...yet) by following the appropriate sections of Step 2.
- Try the installation again using the new or reformatted USB flash disk.
This is so awesome...Note:
I care more about a cool and quiet system than I do about all the bling, so on arrival of the Radeon, I performed the following:
The GPU sits at 35° at idle and under load the highest I can get it to is 71°. Nice thing is that it is very quiet.
- Repasted with Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut
- Deshrouded and added 2x Noctua A12x25 fans
- Added an upHere GPU brace to prevent sagging