Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

So the cause was not FV2 but an incorrect slide value choosen by opencore. I have to set "ProvideMaxSlide" in config.plist to ensure that OC does not choose a value from a range which results in the error.

My particular Vision G's memory layout has only 187 valid of possible 256 values. Between 0-156/159 and 223/229-255. These values keep on changing but if OC chooses a random value from the 229-255, then booting is a no go. I have so far set ProvideMaxSlide=120 but I still need to check for higher values.

For those who land on this later, use the debug version of opencore to see what slide values are calculated by OC if you have a Halting on Critical Error with something like
AAPL: [EB|‘LD:LKC] } Err(0x9)
Very good information. Added to Troubleshooting / FAQs:

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 2.42.05 PM.png

One addition - you need the debug version only to fix the problem. After getting the correct value, you can revert to the release version.
Clarification added.

970 Evo Plus is known to take longer for booting in macOS. The latest firmware fixed the ability to use it but it still has longer boot times (1m vs 30s) compared to other SSDs.

NH-D15 is incompatible with Vision D - https://noctua.at/en/mainboard/Gigabyte_Z490_Vision_D
It blocks the first PCIe slot which might be a deal breaker for hackintoshing (now or in the future)

Ok, could you recommend a better SSD instead of 970 EVO Plus?
I'll search suitable cooler to buy instead of NH-D15

Ok, could you recommend a better SSD instead of 970 EVO Plus?
I'll search suitable cooler to buy instead of NH-D15

I'm using WD SN750. Other people in this thread are using Sabrent Rocket, AData. Most SSDs should work. See the forum's Buyer's Guide, SSD section.

Reactions: nss
Anyone else has crashes when macos goes to sleep ?

Yes i had the same issue, nvram reset seems to have fixed it.
The only addition to the system was a Sonnet Solo 10G, but it started a few days after i added the card and did not reoccur after the nvram reset

970 Evo Plus is known to take longer for booting in macOS. The latest firmware fixed the ability to use it but it still has longer boot times (1m vs 30s) compared to other SSDs.

How is the boot time measured? I can not confirm the numbers, I am using a 970 Evo Plus 1TB and it takes 32 seconds from boot drive selector to MacOS login screen.

How is the boot time measured? I can not confirm the numbers, I am using a 970 Evo Plus 1TB and it takes 32 seconds from boot drive selector to MacOS login screen.

My 970 Evo plus takes slightly longer than if I boot from another SSD/super fast USB stick. The boot sequence using the 970 Evo Plus pauses Probably for an extra 3-4 seconds... then proceeds.

I’m having usb ejection trouble while sleep using the latest 10.15.6 supplement update. When I send the system down to sleep, upon awakening, it ejects ALL attached usb drives. Using Opencore 0.6.1 beta and a custom USBPorts.kext (removed usbinjectall.kext as well as acpi files for usb power properties and USB port declaration). I generated the kext using Hackintool... it declares the ports as well as injects the power properties.

I’m using the same EFI on the original version of 10.15.6, and also on Big Sur, and the issue doesn’t occur. System goes to sleep and wakes up just fine with no usb issues whatsoever.

anyone Else having usb issues (after sleep/wake) with 10.15.6 supplemental update?

NH-D15 is incompatible with Vision D - https://noctua.at/en/mainboard/Gigabyte_Z490_Vision_D
It blocks the first PCIe slot which might be a deal breaker for hackintoshing (now or in the future)
This thread inspired me to order the parts to build a new hackintosh. I will be using a 10900kf, 64gb (4x16) Ripjaws and a 5700 xt Nitro+. Not a big fan of AIO coolers, so I had ordered the Noctua NH-D15. Luckily I saw this and was able to cancel the Noctua and changed to a Dark Rock Pro 4 before it shipped. Thank you for the info!

Reactions: nss
Back