Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Some suggestions/questions:
  • How many DIMMs do you have? Have you tried removing DIMMs one at a time?
  • Which of your M.2 slots are occupied?
  • What is your BIOS version?
  • Has this problem existed from the very start or is this a new problem? How long as this Hackintosh been in use?
  • If this Hackintosh has been in use for some time, what has changed recently? Any new PCIe cards or M.2 drives?

• 2 DIMMSs (16gb each) In slots A2 and B2. I will test using one at a time shortly. I made sure this exact RAM was on the QVL.
  • M.2 is in M2P_SB (lowest)
  • BIOS = latest F5
  • Brand new machine I am building for my assistant and it's happened every time.
Thank you, Casey!

Awesome! Thanks for such a fast reply!
First time here, and I think I might have forgotten to open the config.plist file in OpenCore Configurator. I´m not really sure. But anyways I was able to add the -v boot arg, reset the NVRAM in the OpenCore Picker, rebooted and chose the Install Catalina option... This is where I'm stuck now:
EDIT: I forgot to mention Windows is installed in the NVMe MP510, my plan is to format that drive with this install.
I have two mechanical HDD drives... maybe there´s a conflict with any of those things?

IMG_3571.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for such a fast reply!
First time here, and I think I might have forgotten to open the config.plist file in OpenCore Configurator. I´m not really sure. But anyways I was able to add the -v boot arg, reset the NVRAM in the OpenCore Picker, rebooted and chose the Install Catalina option... This is where I'm stuck now:
EDIT: I forgot to mention Windows is installed in the NVMe MP510, my plan is to format that drive with this install.
I have two mechanical HDD drives... maybe there´s a conflict with any of those things?
This shows that the system has not reached gIOScreenLockState. So yes, try disconnecting all Windows drives.

• 2 DIMMSs (16gb each) In slots A2 and B2. I will test using one at a time shortly. I made sure this exact RAM was on the QVL.
  • BIOS = latest F5
  • Brand new machine I am building for my assistant and it's happened every time.
Thank you, Casey!
@ChromeGuy has experienced problems when installing an ADATA SX8200 Pro into the bottom slot (M2P_SB). Although I have no issue with a Sabrent Rocket installed in that slot, try moving your M.2 into the middle slot.

Currently I have a Silicon Power NVMe in M2P. No issues. I have one ADATA SX8200 Pro (512GB I believe) that I can swap in later today.
OK, that would be awesome. Thank you. I did an exchange for a new motherboard, and just finished putting it together and the new board is doing the same thing.

Not sure if I'm having some bad luck or if the mobos just don't like the SX8200 in the M2P slot. I haven't even gotten around to installing the hackintosh part yet.

Having 3 M2 slots was one of my main reasons for wanting this board.
After installing an ADATA SX8200 Pro 512GB into the bottom slot (M2P), the Vision D (BIOS F5) had no trouble at all with POST and booting up. Another NVMe SSD (Silicon Power) is installed in the middle slot, M2M.

P.S. The ADATA is shown as x2 because I have a flashed GC-Titan Ridge in the bottom long slot. Hence the lanes are shared.

ADATA in M2P.jpg

Anyone else has crashes when macos goes to sleep ?

Noticed it's happening each time:
Did this start to occur recently? Or has it been happening since the initial installation?
  • If it started recently, what changes were made to the system?
    • Any new USB peripherals added?
    • Any Thunderbolt devices connected?
    • Any PCIe cards inserted?
    • Any new software installed?
    • Any changes made to BIOS?

@CaseySJ

Hello Casey , Hello Evr'ybody !! :wave:

I would like to know if you ,Casey, or anybody here with the Z490 Motherboard have knowledge about THE OPTANE MEMORY (H10) of INTEL ( Gigabyte Z490 vision D is compatible Intel Optane ) ?

I would like to know if it can be used for hackintosh ?

Or if not , can i use it in the dualboot for Windows Disk SSD OS ? And use another SSD NVMe like Samsung for the OS Hackintosh ?

Finally, When we use 2 SSD NVMe, one for Windows, one other for MAC OS : Do the SSD disks interact with each other ? Does it create an issue if one SSD is not compatible with MAC O.S. ?

Thank You o_O
Hello @PoloX,

Intel Optane is very expensive and I'm not sure that it provides a compelling price-to-performance ratio. Today's best NVMe SSDs can achieve 3400+ MB/s read/write (in benchmarks) so I'm not sure what application you have in mind for the OPTANE.

Nevertheless, it will work with Windows, but it will not work with macOS.

Thanks again for your help. So I tried disconnecting all hdds and I got stuck in the same place. Anything else I can try?
Because this is a brand new machine, can you please list the components used:
  • Motherboard
  • CPU
  • GPU
  • RAM make/model
  • NVMe SSD make/model
  • WiFi/BT make/model
  • CPU cooler make/model
  • Monitor make/model
  • Any other PCIe cards?
  • Anything connected to internal USB header? (Other than Bluetooth from WiFi/BT card.)
Because Windows drives were removed, do you see any NTFS-related log messages now? (See previous screenshot that contains several NTFS warnings.)

Update: Please update BIOS to F5. Also feel free to compress and upload the EFI folder from the USB flash disk.

Last edited:
  • BIOS = latest F5
Thank you, Casey!
  1. Have you reported the X.M.P. Profile 1 problem to Gigabyte yet?
  2. Have you tried removing DIMM modules one by one?

Back