Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That doesnt seem to work. Tried it twice now. Where would the name 'parallels' be stored to come up like that?
Try this:
  • Run Disk Utility and select View --> Show All Devices.
  • Then look at the left sidebar.
  • What disk names do you see?
In the example below we see that:
  • The two Catalina drives are named consistently (yellow box)
  • The two Big Sur drives are not named consistently (magenta box)
If you see an inconsistent name, you can right-click on that name in Disk Utility and select Rename to change it.
Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 7.10.12 AM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
I9 10900KF
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 580
@CaseySJ ,

I have 2 others questions .
The first one is about Serial Ata HDD :
- Can i use HDD Serial Ata 6 Gb/s for data storage for the hackintosh ?
- Is Seagate Barracuda it a good choice ? https://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00254175.html
- I want to use Dual boot with Windows 10 . So can i share this Data HDD for the both SSD OS ?( one for windows, one for Catalina )

The Second question is about the speed of the RAM :
- The Gigabyte Z490 vision D should accept 4400 Mhz DDR4
- So Why ( except for the money cost ) nobody use more than DDR4 3200 Mhz ?
- What is the best for Z490 vision D DDR4 in Mhz ? 2933 ? 3000 ? 3200 ? or More ??!!

Thank to you in advance !

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ ,

I have 2 others questions .
The first one is about Serial Ata HDD :
- Can i use HDD Serial Ata 6 Gb/s for data storage for the hackintosh ?
- Is Seagate Barracuda it a good choice ? https://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00254175.html
- I want to use Dual boot with Windows 10 . So can i share this Data HDD for the both SSD OS ?( one for windows, one for Catalina )
Sure you can use SATA HDDs. To share this HDD with both macOS and Windows, you will need to initialize the drive using a format that both macOS and Windows can read and write. However, you can buy software that allows macOS to read/write NTFS, and software that allows Windows to read/write HFS+.
The Second question is about the speed of the RAM :
- The Gigabyte Z490 vision D should accept 4400 Mhz DDR4
- So Why ( except for the money cost ) nobody use more than DDR4 3200 Mhz ?
- What is the best for Z490 vision D DDR4 in Mhz ? 2933 ? 3000 ? 3200 ? or More ??!!
Higher memory speeds do not provide any meaningful improvement in system performance. They may, however, provide some benefit to hard-core competitive gamers who require every little bit of advantage in order to defeat competitors. If you're not a competitive gamer, I don't see the need to spend that much money on the fastest RAM.

Fact: The fastest RAM in real Apple Macintosh computers has been 2933 MHz. The new 2020 10th-Gen MacBook Pro 13", however, has 3733 MHz LPDDR4X (low-power DDR4 for mobile computers).

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Try this:
  • Run Disk Utility and select View --> Show All Devices.
  • Then look at the left sidebar.
  • What disk names do you see?
In the example below we see that:
  • The two Catalina drives are named consistently (yellow box)
  • The two Big Sur drives are not named consistently (magenta box)
If you see an inconsistent name, you can right-click on that name in Disk Utility and select Rename to change it.
View attachment 484054
I haven't got as far as installing Big Sur yet.

Please find a screenshot of my disk volumes.

I notice that my Catalina Volumes are APFS (Encrypted) and the Catalina Backup Volumes are not. Looks Ok otherwise. Not sure if this is how it should be!

But the Catalina Volume still appears named as 'parallels' on the OpenCore Boot Screen. I have tried changing its name but without success. Still shows as 'parallels'.

Feeling a bit confused here!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 15.39.32.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 15.39.32.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 29
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

I notice that my Catalina Volumes are APFS (Encrypted) and the Catalina Backup Volumes are not. Looks Ok otherwise. Not sure if this is how it should be!

But the Catalina Volume still appears named as 'parallels' on the OpenCore Boot Screen. I have tried changing its name but without success. Still shows as 'parallels'.

The Encrypted APFS Volumes were down to turning FileVault on during the recent Supplemental Update. So I've turned that off now.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

You could also try CMOS Reset, which will completely clear all NVRAM. This will require BIOS parameters to be reconfigured. If you're running BIOS F5 then CFG-Lock will still be disabled (which is good). But if running an earlier version of BIOS, then CFG-Lock will need to be disabled (or macOS will not boot).

If this does not work, then alas you may need to use Google Search or contact Parallels.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You could also try CMOS Reset, which will completely clear all NVRAM. This will require BIOS parameters to be reconfigured. If you're running BIOS F5 then CFG-Lock will still be disabled (which is good). But if running an earlier version of BIOS, then CFG-Lock will need to be disabled (or macOS will not boot).

If this does not work, then alas you may need to use Google Search or contact Parallels.

Tried loading BIOS Defaults and re-setting, but it did not make a difference.

I guess I might wipe the NVMe and restore a backup.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Tried loading Bios Defaults and re-setting but It did not make a difference.
CMOS Reset is done by shorting the two designated pins with a flathead screwdriver or removing and reinserting the CMOS battery.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi y’all,

Just curious to know how long boot to log in times are for everyone?

Mines not that great, there’s a couple of long stall points that are proving a real headache to identify.

If you have speedy boot times is there anything specific that you did to solve them?