5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone else tested NVMe speeds in the 3rd slot that shares with PCIe x4? I can't afford to loose any SATA ports right now, and PCIx4 should do 4000MB/s so I figured that should be plenty.

I do have a PCI card in that slot, and according to the manual it should reduce to PCIe x2 speed in that case which would be 1969.2 MB/s according to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express.

But Blackmagic Disk Speed test on reporting 1500MB/s which is a whole gigabyte per second less than the Sabrent Rocket's rated speeds. Does that sound right?
1969.2 MB/s includes overhead for PCIe protocol. Not all of it can be used for actual data. Therefore, 1500 MB/s is reasonable.

Motherboard
gigabyte z490 vision d
CPU
core i9 10900k
Graphics
intel hd 630
New iMac20,2 has been added to Everymac.
Seems to be it's already supported in latest os version
Pre-Installed MacOS: X 10.15.6

Has someone tried to setup as iMac20,2?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R-v2.0 FF
CPU
W3680
Graphics
GTX 960
1969.2 MB/s includes overhead for PCIe protocol. Not all of it can be used for actual data. Therefore, 1500 MB/s is reasonable.
Ok I figured it might be something like that. Sounds like this slot might be better for a cheaper slower variety then.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Changing audio layout ID can have some effect on this. We’re using Layout 11, but try both 16 and 7. It’s set in Boot Arguments using the “alcid” parameter. Be sure to Reset NVRAM from the OpenCore Picker Menu after making the change.
Excellent - I will do! Is there a reference or documentation on the different audio layouts. I do a bit with audio as well, and am simply curious on this.

nss

Motherboard
Z490 Vision D
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi!
I'm planning to build a PC for gaming on Windows and development on macOS with the Vision D but I know I won't be satisfied with a GPU such as RX 580 or 5700XT therefore I'm probably gonna wait for Big Navi but the question is - Are the new cards going to be supported?
Btw I don't know if it's the right place to ask this, if it's not just tell me and I'll move it.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!
I'm planning to build a PC for gaming on Windows and development on macOS with the Vision D but I know I won't be satisfied with a GPU such as RX 580 or 5700XT therefore I'm probably gonna wait for Big Navi but the question is - Are the new cards going to be supported?
Btw I don't know if it's the right place to ask this, if it's not just tell me and I'll move it.
That's a very relevant question. Whether Apple supports Big Navi is open to debate, but my feeling is that they will in fact support it for the Mac Pro. Even a future Apple Silicon Mac Pro is expected to have PCIe slots, so what GPUs are we going to put in those slots?? ;)

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Excellent - I will do! Is there a reference or documentation on the different audio layouts. I do a bit with audio as well, and am simply curious on this.
While there doesn't seem to be specific information about what audio ports or audio capabilities are supported by each Layout ID, we do at least have a table of applicable Layout IDs. We just try each one until we find one that works best for us. In our case, the codec is Realtec ALC-1220.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I returned the T919 from FenviUS. I'll try the card you linked now. I'll keep you guys posted.

btw: upgrade to OpenCore 6.0 went fine

@CaseySJ I got the YOUBO card today and it seems that the sleep problem is solved. :)

So neither the MQUPIN Fenvi T919 nor the Fenvi T919 directly from FenviUS worked for me. I guess it must be something about my hardware configuration OR Fenvi may have problems with the firmware on some cards... I don't know.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ I got the YOUBO card today and it seems that the sleep problem is solved. :)

So neither the MQUPIN Fenvi T919 nor the Fenvi T919 directly from FenviUS worked for me. I guess it must be something about my hardware configuration OR Fenvi may have problems with the firmware on some cards... I don't know.
Very interesting. I'll add the YOUBO as a recommended alternative.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Plus
  4. Portable
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the Vision G with a Radeon VII. Everything seems to be working very smoothly. The only issue, other than sleep, is that if I let the monitors go to sleep I no longer have access to the login field. The mouse moves, I just can't select anything. Anyone else having anything similar? This is intermittent btw.

Last edited: