Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Greetings! Thank you to CaseySJ and everyone contributing to this build so far - I ordered the parts for my build when this post was only 3 pages long, so much progress has been made!

I've been waiting patiently for the i9-10900k to arrive and I can't wait any longer (I've got work to do!), I've been offered an i9-10850k and I was wondering if anyone had tested one in this build yet or knows if it'll be compatible?
Hello @ElliottLiu

The i9-10850K should certainly be compatible. We may need to add CPUID to Kernel section of OpenCore Configurator, but only if the installer does not start without it.

Hey man disable Serial port in BIOS I had the same problem...on Vision G myself.
Thanks. I will double check that setting. Now to just wait for SMBIOS 20,1 to be fully cooked.

This is what happensView attachment 483700
It generates the file Install macOs Catalina, so I move it to applications and then run the sudo command from terminal and after some time I get this second screenshot:
View attachment 483706
Hi guys! Sorry to bump this, but could someone please help me with this? Thanks! I’d love to share my progresa here.

Hi guys! Sorry to bump this, but could someone please help me with this? Thanks! I’d love to share my progresa here.
Let me try that procedure again shortly. Will update this post.

Update: It works perfectly for me. Please start that step from the beginning. Re-download GibMacOS (I've slightly updated the instructions to reflect the new GitHub design).
Bash:
Last login: Wed Aug 12 07:07:59 on ttys000
casey@iMac ~ % sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/Catalina-USB
Password:
Ready to start.
To continue we need to erase the volume at /Volumes/Catalina-USB.
If you wish to continue type (Y) then press return:

Last edited:
Thank you so much for these amazing instructions. I followed the instructions everything checked out until i got to the OSX install part. I formatted my m.2 with disk utility and when i went to install on my drive it just kicked me back to the initial OSX screen. Has anyone seen this error before? I double checked my bios settings and everything checks out. Could it be the config.plist file? I am trying to instal on a WD black M.2 SSD.

Thank you so much for these amazing instructions. I followed the instructions everything checked out until i got to the OSX install part. I formatted my m.2 with disk utility and when i went to install on my drive it just kicked me back to the initial OSX screen. Has anyone seen this error before? I double checked my bios settings and everything checks out. Could it be the config.plist file? I am trying to instal on a WD black M.2 SSD.
Hello @cocoman0311,

When you formatted your M.2 disk with Disk Utility (from the Big Sur installer), did you select View --> Show All Devices and click on the parent name of the M.2 SSD? And then select Format = APFS and Scheme = GUID Partition Map?

Yep, i was using the Catalina installer 15.5, should i try and make a Big Sur USB installer?

Let me try that procedure again shortly. Will update this post.

Update: It works perfectly for me. Please start that step from the beginning. Re-download GibMacOS (I've slightly updated the instructions to reflect the new GitHub design).
Bash:
Last login: Wed Aug 12 07:07:59 on ttys000
casey@iMac ~ % sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/Catalina-USB
Password:
Ready to start.
To continue we need to erase the volume at /Volumes/Catalina-USB.
If you wish to continue type (Y) then press return:
Thanks for replying! I´ll try ASAP! Is it possible to just download the installer from my mac like the classic unibeast method? I think I might be losing packages downloading with GibMacOs...

Hello @cocoman0311,

When you formatted your M.2 disk with Disk Utility (from the Big Sur installer), did you select View --> Show All Devices and click on the parent name of the M.2 SSD? And then select Format = APFS and Scheme = GUID Partition Map?

Hi Thanks for replying, I did that as instructed and it did not work. I used Catalina 10.15.6 (19G2006) should i have used Big Sur instead?

Back