Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ Thank you for all the work, i have builded my first hackintosh fellow your guide
Everything works well, except that after completely cut off the power, it will boot twice(first boot on, and then shut off, waiting for 1~2 seconds auto reboot...), Has anything like that ever happened to you?
My Components blow:
CPU: i7-10700k
RAM: USCORSAIR Vengeance PRO DDR4 CM4X 3200 16G*2
GPU: SAPPHIRE 5700XT NITRO+
Thank you so much~

@CaseySJ Thank you for all the work, i have builded my first hackintosh fellow your guide
Everything works well, except that after completely cut off the power, it will boot twice(first boot on, and then shut off, waiting for 1~2 seconds auto reboot...), Has anything like that ever happened to you?
My Components blow:
CPU: i7-10700k
RAM: USCORSAIR Vengeance PRO DDR4 CM4X 3200 16G*2
GPU: SAPPHIRE 5700XT NITRO+
Thank you so much~
Glad to hear it. The double boot on a cold start is normal. I'll add this to Troubleshooting / FAQ section. Please also see:
On the Vision D does anyone have the issue of when the power supply is cold booted (i.e., turned off and then on again) that the Vision D power cycles twice.

In other words, if you cut off power to the motherboard, and then cut it on again, when you press the power button on the motherboard, does the Vision D boot up once or does it come on for two seconds, go off, and then come on again?

The latter is happening to me. I’m working with Gigabyte but they’re saying it doesn’t happen in their lab. The same was happening on the MEG Z490 Ace but MSI fixed it with an updated beta BIOS. Gigabyte doesn’t seem to think there’s any problem. But I am about to record a video of it and send to Gigabyte.
This is completely normal. Happens on Designare as well. It’s a sign that BIOS is scanning for hardware changes.
Yes, it is happening to me all the time. On my previous system (Z97X UD5H), it used to be the same so I have always assumed it was a Gigabyte "feature". :)
Sometimes it even powers cycle 3 times but 2 is always if you switch off the power

Glad to hear it. The double boot on a cold start is normal. I'll add this to Troubleshooting / FAQ section. Please also see:
Thank you for your reply. it let me know that i'm not alone:)
Someone said that it related to XMP, and set the CPU-VCCIO <= 1.25V may solve that problem, but i have checked my CPU-VCCIO which has been < 1.25V. So i decided to ignore it

@CaseySJ

The system seems to work properly once the LLC and voltage have been set.
Catalina 10.15.6 has been installed.

One thing though is that once the system is in Sleep mode it autonomously wakes from sleep quite often. Is there a way to stop that from happening?

One more question. Do you think it's possible to have 2 video cards:
- One Radeon for MacOS that's disabled in Windows and
- One Nvidia for Windows that's disabled in MacOS?

Thanks a lot.

@CaseySJ
One thing though is that once the system is in Sleep mode it autonomously wakes from sleep quite often. Is there a way to stop that from happening?

You'll most likely need to disable "Power Nap"

 -> System Preferences -> Energy Saver -> Uncheck the following

"Wake for network access"
"Enable Power Nap"

You'll most likely need to disable "Power Nap"

 -> System Preferences -> Energy Saver -> Uncheck the following

"Wake for network access"
"Enable Power Nap"
Thanks for the reply. I had it already done...but the system wakes every couple of hours or so.

@CaseySJ Thanks. The issue I have is just the soundbar that is unpredictable after a wake or at start up. The other bluetooth devices like the keyboard or mouse are fine.
The issue was also present on my previous system (clover+Z97X). It is driving me crazy :)

@emistral It should be noted, various Bluetooth devices scan for active audio prior to waking-up and may be associated with energy saving features.
This could possibly be the issue affecting the sound bar. Disabling Eco options if available, might be it.

Introducing a signal at the moment of reconnecting may also result in success.

Tony.

Random question for y'all: When you got your Vision D/G did the box come with shrinkwrap on it? I got a Vision G on Amazon, and I'm pretty sure it's used...
Thanks and let me know!
There is no shrink-wrap on the outer box, but the motherboard itself was enclosed in an anti-static bag. I also have an ASRock Taichi, but the motherboard wasn't enclosed in any type of bag. Turns out, that's standard practice for ASRock (at least for the Taichi series).

Back