Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hello @CaseySJ

For some strange reason my IP address suddenly got banned from using this website so I have to switch to mobile data to write this.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t make bluetooth to work even though I followed all the instructions on Page 1 on how to use openwirelessBt for Monterey.

This is what appears in Hardware:

Bluetooth Controller:

Address: NULL

State: Off

Chipset: BCM_4350C2

Discoverable: Off

Firmware Version: v0 c0

Product ID: 0x0001

Supported Devices: 0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT Serial >

Transport: USB

Vendor ID: 0x004C (Apple)

Also, opencore configurator is giving me a message this message:

NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.9.2!

PlatformInfo->Generic->SystemUUID is borked (Can only be empty, special string OEM or valid UUID)!

CheckPlatformInfo returns 1 error!

Completed validating /Volumes/EFI-CT1-2A8/EFI/OC/config.plist in 1 ms. Found 1 issue requiring attention.

This is strange because I simply copied the system uuid from my old config.plist and checked several times to make sure that it’s the correct one.

Thanks!

Last edited:
@louierh70,

Let's take a look at your EFI folder. Please do the following:
  • Make a copy of the EFI folder
  • Remove serial numbers from config.plist
  • Compress and post

@louierh70,

Let's take a look at your EFI folder. Please do the following:
  • Make a copy of the EFI folder
  • Remove serial numbers from config.plist
  • Compress and post
Hello @CaseySJ

As requested, I am attaching my EFI.

But there's one strange thing about the Bluetooth. I put booted from my Big Sur system which is on a separate SSD. I cloned that system and used the clone to test the upgrade to Monterey. Now, Bluetooth is also not working anymore on my Big Sur. Very strange because it was working before and I never had any problems. Under hardware, it is not able to detect the Bluetooth controller. But I never made any change to the EFI of that system. Could it be a hardware issue?

When I removed the System UUID and when I saved the file before compressing the EFI folder, opencore says there are no more errors.

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.2 MB · Views: 18
Hello @CaseySJ

As requested, I am attaching my EFI.

But there's one strange thing about the Bluetooth. I put booted from my Big Sur system which is on a separate SSD. I cloned that system and used the clone to test the upgrade to Monterey. Now, Bluetooth is also not working anymore on my Big Sur. Very strange because it was working before and I never had any problems. Under hardware, it is not able to detect the Bluetooth controller. But I never made any change to the EFI of that system. Could it be a hardware issue?

When I removed the System UUID and when I saved the file before compressing the EFI folder, opencore says there are no more errors.

Thank you very much!
Interesting. Are you using Fenvi FV-T919?

Also, have you tried (a) Reset NVRAM and/or (b) CMOS Reset?

Interesting. Are you using Fenvi FV-T919?

Also, have you tried (a) Reset NVRAM and/or (b) CMOS Reset?
@CaseySJ

I'm using the built-in Bluetooth of the motherboard. I have always used it. And here's something more interesting.
I removed the SSD containing Monterey and left only the SSD with Big Sur. Now Bluetooth is working again in my Big Sur.

I will try to again put back the SSD with Monterey and boot again with Big Sur and see if Bluetooth will stop working, just to see if it's really the SSD with Monterey that is causing Bluetooth problems.

@CaseySJ

I'm using the built-in Bluetooth of the motherboard. I have always used it. And here's something more interesting.
I removed the SSD containing Monterey and left only the SSD with Big Sur. Now Bluetooth is working again in my Big Sur.

I will try to again put back the SSD with Monterey and boot again with Big Sur and see if Bluetooth will stop working, just to see if it's really the SSD with Monterey that is causing Bluetooth problems.
@CaseySJ

Bluetooth works even though the Monterey SSD is installed. But I noticed a difference.

#1 With the Monterey SSD installed together with the Big Sur SSD, and I booted into Big Sur, at the Opencore Boot Picker, the icons/fonts were from Opencore 0.9.1, which means it was getting it from the Monterey SSD. I chose my Big Sur SSD, it booted into Big Sur, but Bluetooth did not work.

#2 I removed the Monterey SSD and left the Big Sur SSD by itself. At the Opencore Boot Picker, the icons/fonts were from Opencore 0.6.3 - they're much smaller so I can immediately tell the difference. I booted into Big Sur, Bluetooth worked.

#3 I put back the Monterey SSD together with the Big Sur SSD. At the Opencore Boot Picker, the icons/fonts were from Opencore 0.6.3 this time unlike in #1. I booted into Big Sur, Bluetooth works.

The Big Sur SSD is always installed on M2A_CPU which is the equivalent of SATA0 for PCIE SSD.

Maybe I will try again to start up with the Monterey SSD by itself and then also try to have the Big Sur SSD but this time, install the Monterey SSD in M2A_CPU.

@CaseySJ

Bluetooth works even though the Monterey SSD is installed. But I noticed a difference.

#1 With the Monterey SSD installed together with the Big Sur SSD, and I booted into Big Sur, at the Opencore Boot Picker, the icons/fonts were from Opencore 0.9.1, which means it was getting it from the Monterey SSD. I chose my Big Sur SSD, it booted into Big Sur, but Bluetooth did not work.

#2 I removed the Monterey SSD and left the Big Sur SSD by itself. At the Opencore Boot Picker, the icons/fonts were from Opencore 0.6.3 - they're much smaller so I can immediately tell the difference. I booted into Big Sur, Bluetooth worked.

#3 I put back the Monterey SSD together with the Big Sur SSD. At the Opencore Boot Picker, the icons/fonts were from Opencore 0.6.3 this time unlike in #1. I booted into Big Sur, Bluetooth works.

The Big Sur SSD is always installed on M2A_CPU which is the equivalent of SATA0 for PCIE SSD.

Maybe I will try again to start up with the Monterey SSD by itself and then also try to have the Big Sur SSD but this time, install the Monterey SSD in M2A_CPU.
Please post these screenshots so we can see what's going on:
  • Mount EFI partition for OpenCore 0.6.3
    • Open config.plist with latest OpenCore Configurator, and post screenshot of Kernel page
    • Do NOT save config.plist because latest OpenCore Configurator will change the format of config.plist for 0.9.1
    • Now dismount the EFI partition for OpenCore 0.6.3
  • Mount EFI partition for OpenCore 0.9.1
    • Open config.plist with latest OpenCore Configurator, and post screenshot of Kernel page
    • Now dismount the EFI partition for OpenCore 0.9.1

Please post these screenshots so we can see what's going on:
  • Mount EFI partition for OpenCore 0.6.3
    • Do NOT save config.plist because latest OpenCore Configurator will change the format of config.plist for 0.9.1
    • Now dismount the EFI partition for OpenCore 0.6.3
  • Mount EFI partition for OpenCore 0.9.1
    • Now dismount the EFI partition for OpenCore 0.9.1

@CaseySJ

Here are the screenshots. Thank you!

Attachments

• Opencore 0.6.3 Big Sur.png
    Opencore 0.6.3 Big Sur.png
    723.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Opencore 0.9.1 Monterey.png
    Opencore 0.9.1 Monterey.png
    823.7 KB · Views: 19
Because you’re using Intel Bluetooth, it's necessary to use the proper USB port map SSDT. Let's try this:

View attachment 565755

@CaseySJ

Thanks! I will try that but before I do so, can you please advise if the error message with my System UUID is something that should be fixed? Because when I took the screenshots, I also checked the Platform Info and I suspect that maybe it's because my System UUID starts with UUID whereas if I try to generate a new one, it doesn't have it? But I'm not sure if I should remove the UUID because that has always been the System UUID of my system for the past 2.5 years and I've never had a problem.

I'm asking because just now when I booted into Big Sur, I got a warning that my Apple ID has problems connecting to iCloud. I never had that error message before. Could it be related to my switching between Big Sur and Monterey with the same PlatformInfo very quickly and the System UUID has a problem? It's just a warning and I'm still able to connect to iCloud eventually, but I'm just worried if I continue. Or maybe I should logout from the Monterey system for now?

Back