Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE Z490 VISION D + I9 10900K + 64GB Ballistix - in a Apple MacPro 1,1 CASE :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i'm not sure what is what on the SAS cords. I labeled them on the picture for reference. #3 I believe should be the SATA connectors that need to be soldered as there appear to be 4 distinct wires for the 4 hard drives. I'm guessing you just have to guess which one belongs to which drive by trial and error.
#2 is the power I'm assuming and I was wondering if there was an adapter to molex for that.
#3 I'm not sure what it is (only one)....
#3 yesm it´s the mini SAS SATA Connector. You have the folow the cables to check which one is for which bay. I just use and mod only the two first drive bays. There are very thin wires and it was not so easy for me to solder and isolate - but it works so far.

#2 yes its the power. I also solder the wires it to a molex connector.

#3 HDD thermal or drive bay detection sensor for mac. You cant use it on a PC - i removed this

Hi,

i would like to introduce my new System. I had my first experience with Hackintosh about 2 years ago with an i7-4770 on an Asus Z87-A. An upgrade has now taken place with the following components:

CPU: Intel i9-10900K, 10-Core

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z490 Vision D, ATX

Memory: Crucial Ballistix 2x32GB 3200Mhz CL 16-18-18-36 V1,35 --> OC auf 3600Mhz CL 16-18-18-36 V1,37

Drives:
1.SSD: WD BLACK SN750 1TB M.2 NVME für MacOS
2.SSD: ADATA SN8200PRO 2TB M.2 NVME für Windows10 +
Disk-Drive: LG BD-Burner BH10LS38 SATA

Video Card: aktuell noch iGPU (Intel UHD 630)

WiFi/BT: Fenvi T919

Case: MacPro 1,1 Case Umbau

Lüfter: front 2x be quiet Pure Wings 2 120m, rear 1x Arctic P12

Power Supply: Seasonic Focus PX-650

Others: TV-SAT-card Technisat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD

The conversion of the case took quite a few hours of work, but I am now quite satisfied with the result. My goal was to preserve as much of the case as possible and ultimately of the original look. For example, the power supply unit and DVD / BR drive slot have been preserved in full function, 2x SATA ports can be used via the first two 3.5 "drive bays, the front fans are in the original fan slot and the CPU air duct has also been modified so that the Noctua has plenty of space. There were also front USB 3.1 and USB-C connections. To keep all PCIe CPU lanes for a graphics card, I relocated my PCIe Expansion cards with risers to PCIX1_1 and PCIEX4, so that they are connected via the chipset (the MacPro 1.1 housing only has 5 expansion card slots ... here I had to use tricks to get the original look).

Unfortunately, I am still missing a crucial component - the graphics card! Here I have the RX 6800XT in the ref. design in mind. But for this I have to be patient like many others here until this is available at reasonable prices.

As a system I have Big Sur in the current version 11.1.

I still have the following problems and will tackle them in the next few days, I hope with your support:

- Audio via USB-C (Thunderbolt) and HDMI not available or not recognized - only analogue or digital via optical output on the mainboard.
- WiFi and BT via the Intel solution on the Gigabyte Vision D instead of the Fenvi for better performance and a tidy housing.

Here is a little video about the conversion :)

I'm thinking of doing this build but I primarily use an Apollo over thunderbolt 3. Did you manage to get audio over USB-C working?

Great build you have there SW-HackPro!

As to your TB and audio issues, you'll need to use a SSDT for the TB. @SchmockLord19's build has one in his EFI for the Z490 Vision D. For the HDMI audio, that can be fixed with FakePCIID and FakePCIID_IntelAudio.kext. The ITLWM kext and Heliport app can be used for your WiFi, and for the BT you can try the IntelOpenWireless BT driver (but this requires a firmware update which may affect Windows functionality).

UPDATE April 18th 2021: In the meantime I have installed an AMD Radeon Pro W5500 :)

Last edited:
Nice build!

I like the way how the ATX board was fitted.

UPDATE MAI 28th 2021: I finally get it ... a RX 6900 XT :)

You mentioned you rewired the internal PC case speaker, did you actually end up using it for anything?

You mentioned you rewired the internal PC case speaker, did you actually end up using it for anything?
the pc speaker is connected to the motherboard and only used for the BIOS Post messages/beeps. Not really needed, but it was there so I connected it.

Thanks for your reply. I think I'll try to work something out with a small amplifier board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back