Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Hi CaseySJ,

A few questions regarding TB3:
1. For Z390 with NVM 33, things are pretty good and most users don't need to go' extra mile' to flash to the modified firmware, right?
2. For Z490 with NVM 50, my guess is that it's kinda equivalent to Z390 with NVM 33. Users don't 'have to' flash the firmware, right?

And we can assume: extra mile = https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-1768#post-2095044

Thank you!

Thunderbolt firmware on the Z490 Vision D has been flashed. Thunderbolt Bus is activated and performs very well, including sleep/wake.

Hi CaseySJ,

A few questions regarding TB3:
1. For Z390 with NVM 33, things are pretty good and most users don't need to go' extra mile' to flash to the modified firmware, right?
2. For Z490 with NVM 50, my guess is that it's kinda equivalent to Z390 with NVM 33. Users don't 'have to' flash the firmware, right?

And we can assume: extra mile = https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-1768#post-2095044

Thank you!
Correct. Most users don't need to flash the firmware because Thunderbolt -- including hot-plug -- will work just fine with the firmware that is preinstalled.

Good Day,
Now that Segment One has been successfully complete, I wish to move on.

One caveat. CCC was used to clone the boot NVME however, the system powers down 8 seconds post OC boot menu while booting from the cloned SSD.
That is a total shutdown. I have attempted cloning with two SSDs with the same result. The existence of the EFI folder within the EFI partition was verified.

Segment Two.
I have installed Logic Pro X and ProTools and they both operate perfectly.
UA files and drivers are in it's installation phase as we speak (well as I type).

Good Day,
Now that Segment One has been successfully complete, I wish to move on.

One caveat. CCC was used to clone the boot NVME however, the system powers down 8 seconds post OC boot menu while booting from the cloned SSD.
That is a total shutdown. I have attempted cloning with two SSDs with the same result. The existence of the EFI folder within the EFI partition was verified.
Please see this...(urgent).

@CaseySJ Segment Two completed.

CCC backup 5.1.18 boots.

Working....
*Your guided installation process.
:clap:

*OC boot menu. Simply the fastest I have witnessed. Sub 10sec to password request.
*Audio.
*One click wake-up.
*Thunderbolt, THUNDERBOLT...HOT PLUG!!!
*UA drivers and devices. LUNA, ProTools, Logic.

Segment Three????

The hunt is now engaged for locating two i9-10900Ks.

Tony.

I installed successful on Z490 Vision D+i7-10700+RX5700,
thank you so much:thumbup:
but cpu shows i5 and Thunderbolt still not work
do i need to flash Thunderbolt firmware??

I installed successful on Z490 Vision D+i7-10700+RX5700,
thank you so much:thumbup:
but cpu shows i5 and Thunderbolt still not work
do i need to flash Thunderbolt firmware??
Good job! When you say Thunderbolt does not work, what do you mean exactly? Remember that we need to check System Information --> PCI (not Thunderbolt).

Only when we flash the firmware will Thunderbolt Bus be activated. Then we can check System Information --> Thunderbolt.

But flashing is not necessary. Thunderbolt with hot-plug will work just by following the procedure in Post #1.

Good job! When you say Thunderbolt does not work, what do you mean exactly? Remember that we need to check System Information --> PCI (not Thunderbolt).

Only when we flash the firmware will Thunderbolt Bus be activated. Then we can check System Information --> Thunderbolt.

But flashing is not necessary. Thunderbolt with hot-plug will work just by following the procedure in Post #1.
Oh, I see. :)
Then my build in Thunderbolt should work well.
Thanks!
Can I change my CPU type from i5 to i7?
I google it but just find the way of CLOVER

Oh, I see. :)
Then my build in Thunderbolt should work well.
Thanks!
Can I change my CPU type from i5 to i7?
I google it but just find the way of CLOVER.
I think it's best to leave the CPU name as-is for now. On Mojave it was quite easy to change the name, but not so in Catalina. It would be best to wait until someone develops a reliable and safe procedure.

You're the first Vision D Hackintosh owner with i7-10700K. :) Congratulations! Please post GeekBench 5 and any other benchmarks...

Back