Motherboard
Asus Maximum Z590 Hero III
CPU
i9-11900K
Graphics
6700XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
this motherboard is compatible with catalina 10.15.5?
regards

this motherboard is compatible with catalina 10.15.5?
regards

At present it is uncertain as the few people who tried Z490 does not seem to have much success.

Moreover, the Intel 2.5G LAN on the motherboard is not supported on MacOS (yet).

the intel 2.5G lan is not important. I can use wifi card separately.
the important thing is native install with unibeast (also -v option) and post install with multibeast.
and the new cpu intel I9 - 10900k.

I don't know about this one, but the Z490 Gaming X works fine, not with UniBeast/MultiBeast though, you'll need to use OpenCore. (Clover does not work. Yes, as far as I know.) An EFI folder which is actually pretty easy.
Oh, and the Intel Ethernet works as well, everything does, and it's smoking fast.
Check this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hackintosh-intel-i9-10900k-gigabyte-z490-vision-d.298509/

You'll just have to create your USB map yourself, because every card has a different mapping.

Reactions: JBX
thysm00, any chance you could share your EFI folder to check out?

I am looking into buying the Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X (ATX size) as a lower cost option than the Vision D. I don't need Thunderbolt, but would like 2x M.2... your mATX version has only one M.2 slot right?

Also (anyone) I am looking at which brand GPU to buy 570/580.... prices on MSI look good but I have read that OS X load screen dose not show up on those cards. Due to my monitor I will need one with at least 1 DVI.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Oh damn... sorry, i don't know why but i'm not getting the email notifications anymore (and i checked in my prefs...).
There isn't much need in me posting my EFI when you can simply get the one from this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z490-vision-d-thunderbolt-3-i5-10400-amd-rx-580.298642/

The guide is very well explained and will get you going with absolutely everything, including native NVRAM and OSX CPU power management. I only made two changed:
1- created my own USB Map (i can post that if you want), but you should create yours because you might not want the same setup as me depending on the hardware you use, (for me, the internal USB2 uses the wifi and i have 2 USB3 ports to the front and most of my hardware is USB2, so with the 15 ports limit, i had to make choices and made sure USB2 stuff were working before USB3).
2- Added my own serial number, UUID, etc...

Regarding the GPU, i'm using a Sapphire RX580 nitro + and it's working like a charm, no drivers needed, i have two 4K screens attached (display port), and i could even add a third one to the DVI output (1980x1024). HDMI does not work though, but i don't really care that much, 3 screens is already enough ;)

OK thanks for the info thysm00, I had read that thread... It sounds like it works to get up and going on the z490 Gaming X at least where one can install the OS using that mobo then do the other adjustments.

Good to know about the HDMI on the GPU... I only have DVI on my monitor and although I would like to buy a new monitor, I was thinking of spending the money on a huion kamvas.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back