Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro Ax + i9-10805K + 5700 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.

As you have a new motherboard and an RX580 by the sound of it, please update your profile. Otherwise people may get confused trying to help you :thumbup:

Okay, did you follow our Beta guide to create your installer?

If so it sounds like perhaps the USB port you are using is becoming deactivated during the boot sequence. Try another, perhaps the red port above the USB-C port. Basically port number 1 as far as Gigabyte is concerned, stays live during boot to allow access to the BIOS etc. You just have to find it.
Yes, I followed the instructions on building the Big Sur beta USB installer.

I did not know about the USB port being an issue. I'll test the other ports. I was using the ports on the front of the case.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Yes, I followed the instructions on building the Big Sur beta USB installer.

I did not know about the USB port being an issue. I'll test the other ports. I was using the ports on the front of the case.

Thank you for the suggestions!
I tried all of the USB ports on the back of the computer and I still could not get the installer to run. I'll recreate the installer tonight and try with a fresh USB key and see how that goes.

I now have a semi-working system running 11.2.1. I created a new USB installer with the OC 0.6.5 EFI folder from this post and put the USB installer in the red USB port.

I do have some issues that I'm hoping someone can help with.

I have working audio (when I select "Internal Speakers" sound outputs from the "Line Out" port) and wifi. I cannot get the built-in ethernet to even show in the Networking preference pane. I've installed the latest IntelMausi.kext (version 1.0.5). The ethernet controller is enabled in the BIOS.

I am using my old USB Bluetooth dongle as I can't get the built-in one to work or show in the system.

Also, when booting I get startup drives listed in the OC menu that I do not have. A disk named "Macintosh HD" appears but I have no disk named that. I named my boot drive "SSD". I'm booting from a 2TB NVMe. I have to manually pick the correct boot drive in order to startup properly.

I am thrilled at the performance of the system. The NVMe SSD is amazingly fast.

I am also unable to install the 11.2.2 update. The update downloads and the computer reboots but the update never installs.

I'd love to disable the built-in wifi/bluetooth as I have the "Hackintosh approved" PCIe card with the same BT/wifi chipset that Apple uses.

1. Adapt to opencore 0.6.7 and update all kext.
2. No longer modify the 5700XT graphics driver to solve the black screen problem
3. The sensor can now display normally

Due to a lot of things recently, I did not configure the built-in graphics card, sorry!

Attachments

• OC 0.6.7.zip
    31.6 MB · Views: 144
Hello friend I have a problem My RX 580 card does not work. Now I use the intel UHD 630 but the screen stays black.

Opencore 0.6.7

-Auros Z490 Pro ax

-Intel I5 10600K

EDITED*

Hey zshchou, thanks so much for posting your EFI! I have it working with my Aorus Z490 Xtreme, Intel Core i9-10850K, Radeon 580, running Catalina

The only things that aren't working are the Hotplug ability for SATA drives that I have in a drive bay (I also have a SD Card reader connected via USB to the motherboard that doesn't seem to be working similarly) and the Ethernet won't seem to work even though I have IntelMausiEthernet.kext in my EFI

Would you happen to know how to solve these two problems?

Last edited:
EDITED*

Hey zshchou, thanks so much for posting your EFI! I have it working with my Aorus Z490 Xtreme, Intel Core i9-10850K, Radeon 580, running Catalina

The only things that aren't working are the Hotplug ability for SATA drives that I have in a drive bay (I also have a SD Card reader connected via USB to the motherboard that doesn't seem to be working similarly) and the Ethernet won't seem to work even though I have IntelMausiEthernet.kext in my EFI

Would you happen to know how to solve these two problems?

I don't have hot swappable SATA, there is no way to solve this. The usb drive works fine on my machine, you can try other usb kext.

IntelMausiEthernet.kext don't need。The network card can work normally.

the lastest package. opencore 0.7.2

Attachments

• OC 0.7.2.zip
    31.9 MB · Views: 128
Hello, some update for this board.
In this zip you have 2 EFI file, one for Monterey, another one for Catalina, with open core.
In both you have to add your MLB, ROM, Serial and UUID numbers.
Use iMac 20.2 .
Only thing that don't work is some thunderbolt devices in Monterey (like the apple Thunderbolt 2 Nic with TB2 to 3 adaptator), But I can use my UAD2 FX card with it, with hotplug.
And in both cases, sleep borke the hotplug for thunderbolt, but If you leave your device connected it will work again after sleep.

Take care, if you use the wrong EFI for Monterey it will not boot!
Another thing I don't use onboard audio sound card, you will have to add it, if you need it.

Attachments

• OC 0.7.8.zip
    58.2 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back