Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE z490 AORUS ELITE AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't disable the on-board wifi, I tried but there is no way to do it without some serious hacking. The Fenvi card works perfectly anyway. The EFI I sent does enable the ethernet as EN0 so you can use messages & icloud. You will need to get a serial# & board id. Also the sound works & I enabled the startup chime. I'm still working on getting everything perfect, but things are working very good now. This setup is only 3 weeks old, My old Hackintosh of 10 years died from the guys working on the power lines in the neighborhood. It was Clover, so I'm still learning Opencore too. Good Luck
Ey chaps, attached my EFI. @jmmsrv, I have my ethernet working swell, there was a manual setup in THIS post by Mr Popman which solved the issue. Wifi, like yours, is on and off. I prefer Ethernet so doesn't bother me.

As for USB, it's one of the few things I need to fix - your 'USBPorts.kext', did this fix your USB issues? I am still troubleshooting and experimenting with different settings like the bluetooth firmware and airport kexts. My post is HERE.

Also, any tips on OpenCanopy? Tried it twice and got panics so kinda left it there.

Thanks for sharing. Peace

Attachments

• EFI FINAL 20:3:21.zip
    24.4 MB · Views: 104
I had those OpenCanopy panics too at 1st, but the problem was my fault (embarrassed to say) I copied the 32bit version to my efi. I must of had brain fade. As soon as I put the 64 bit version where it needed to go all was good.
Thanks for your EFI I will look at & make adjustments to mine THANKS ! Jim

Cheers Jim.
My EFI is by no means perfect as I'm still learning. I'd love to hear updates/edits/fixes if you or anyone else comes across them. This is a work in progress but as I said, SO STABLE :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hi, i have the same model Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite Ultra AC and i7-10700K but you EFI and my EFI (make on feeling the OpenCore Guide) not work, the boot is blocked after this text (and my bios is configured for the boot) :

186513500_134281205403900_1601732323879848330_n.jpg
186193430_800015447317617_6062194502143667719_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back