Contribute
Register

Gigabyte z390m gaming, gc titan ridge added, now system won't boot/reinstall, slashed circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Removing the FileVault drivers didn't help, neither did changing the AptioFix. Still the same issue, sadly.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Removing the FileVault drivers didn't help, neither did changing the AptioFix. Still the same issue, sadly.

I don't know why it's not booting for you... Z390 is still very much an enigma to me. You can try using the Thunderbolt SSDT with your EFI or you can try replacing your set of drivers with mine in the EFI.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I'm going to try out your TB SSDT with my EFI. And thank you very much for all your efforts and help!

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm going to try out your TB SSDT with my EFI. And thank you very much for all your efforts and help!

I just remembered that I modified the hidden CFG Lock for MSR in BIOS. This may be why my EFI wasn't working for you.

If you have not made this change, you will probably need to enable AppleIntelCPUPM and/or KernelPM in config.plist > Kernel and Kext Patches for my EFI to work.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I just remembered that I modified the hidden CFG Lock for MSR in BIOS. This may be why my EFI wasn't working for you.

If you have not made this change, you will probably need to enable AppleIntelCPUPM and/or KernelPM in config.plist > Kernel and Kext Patches for my EFI to work.

Good hint, thank you! I'm going to work on the hack again the following week. I'll let you know how it went.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Wanting to setup the Titan on the same board...were you able to get it working AliAdapter? What was the issue?

I have to admit, that I've pretty much given up at this point. In other forums I was told the very same thing pastrychef had mentioned. It's a nvram issue with the 390 boards. If your expertise is limited on that matter like mine is, I wouldn't recommend any 390 boards. I'm currently looking for an alternative motherboard.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi again, so I actually got it booting up correctly, I think (still without having TB ssdt implemented). And again I get the black screen while booting issue, where the igpu hdmi port is not correctly assinged. Whatevergreen and lilu are installed, what am I missing here, and which fake smc should I actually use, the iMac19,1? I'm currently on iMacPro1,1.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.