i5-9600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm writing this post so that anyone else with this problem will find it and save an enormous amount of time.

The problem, macOS Bluetooth System Preferences pane opens and no devices are shown and you cannot turn off Bluetooth. It does show Bluetooth is installed in System Information. The cause is the built in Intel WiFi on this board, if you connect the usb cable for the PCI-E adapter holding a genuine Apple wifi card it will seeming not work and have he above symptoms. I have the wifi card with 4 antennas and the F6 motherboard firmware version. Even a real Mac cannot not deal with 2 bluetooth adapters in the same system. Interestingly, the genuine Apple bluetooth module was not listed at all and did not show up until I disabled the Intel.

Solution is to disable the USB port connected to the Intel bluetooth module, shows as manufactured by Ericsson, this allows the Apple bluetooth to work. Had I thought ahead I might have just pulled the Intel wifi card but it is seriously buried on this motherboard.

You can follow the rehab man guide to building a custom SSDT and leave out HS14, the boot argument is "uia_exclude=HS14". For clarity only what is precisely between the quotes, don't include the quotes. You can click the plus in Clover Configurator to get a blank line then press enter and cut and past it, then enter to make it final.

Please note the absence of '-', in rehabman's guide in half the boot flags have a - and others don't. In this case it doesn't get a '-'.

Here is a link to the guide, with the above information any USB device could be disabled in a similar fashion. You use IORegistryExplorer to identify the port the device is connected to and then add the boot flag.

I am currently running a custom SSDT someone else posted for this specific motherboard. I haven't figured out how to get from the raw file to the .aml file for doing a custom one yet.

Just a funny situation to find myself in, my genuine Apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse working in Windows and the motherboard firmware, but having to plug in a Windows keyboard and mouse to use macOS!? The last thing I was expecting was to have a problem with my Apple WiFi card.

I'm writing this post so that anyone else with this problem will find it and save an enormous amount of time.

The problem, macOS Bluetooth System Preferences pane opens and no devices are shown and you cannot turn off Bluetooth. It does show Bluetooth is installed in System Information. The cause is the built in Intel WiFi on this board, if you connect the usb cable for the PCI-E adapter holding a genuine Apple wifi card it will seeming not work and have he above symptoms. I have the wifi card with 4 antennas and the F6 motherboard firmware version. Even a real Mac cannot not deal with 2 bluetooth adapters in the same system. Interestingly, the genuine Apple bluetooth module was not listed at all and did not show up until I disabled the Intel.

Solution is to disable the USB port connected to the Intel bluetooth module, shows as manufactured by Ericsson, this allows the Apple bluetooth to work. Had I thought ahead I might have just pulled the Intel wifi card but it is seriously buried on this motherboard.

You can follow the rehab man guide to building a custom SSDT and leave out HS14, the boot argument is "uia_exclude=HS14". For clarity only what is precisely between the quotes, don't include the quotes. You can click the plus in Clover Configurator to get a blank line then press enter and cut and past it, then enter to make it final.

Please note the absence of '-', in rehabman's guide in half the boot flags have a - and others don't. In this case it doesn't get a '-'.

Here is a link to the guide, with the above information any USB device could be disabled in a similar fashion. You use IORegistryExplorer to identify the port the device is connected to and then add the boot flag.

I am currently running a custom SSDT someone else posted for this specific motherboard. I haven't figured out how to get from the raw file to the .aml file for doing a custom one yet.

Just a funny situation to find myself in, my genuine Apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse working in Windows and the motherboard firmware, but having to plug in a Windows keyboard and mouse to use macOS!? The last thing I was expecting was to have a problem with my Apple WiFi card.

having the same issue. Bluetooth not working. Can you provide your custom ssd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back