i3-9100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I spent more than 30 hours trying to find a solution, but no way.
I've already built 9 Hackintoshes in the last ten years and I've never had such problems.
However, I bought this hardware according to the Tonymac's Buyer's Guide. I thought I could trust it (usually I could).
CustoMac Budget ATX : Gigabyte Z390 UD + Core i3-8100

I have audio working, LAN, but no video. Only 7Mb VRAM.

First I've installed the system with UniBeast (with a modified config.plist and OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver 'cause I couldn't boot with the base setup).
Then I installed kext for audio, LAN and graphics and set the config.plist with clover configurator. Everything was OK except the Intel UHD Graphics 630 7 Mo.

So I tried this tutorial for enabling uhd 630 : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/
Mobo is very close, so I thought it could help.
Well, it helped for video (1536VRAM now), but no audio and mouse very slow during more than one minute after startup.

Then, I've tried a lot of combinations (MacOS 10.13.6, 10.14, 10.14.2, 10.14.4, different config plist settings, different kexts, different Framebuffer patching) and nothing works. I can have sound or video, but not both!

Here is my config :

Mojave 10.14.2
Gigabyte Z390 UD
Core i3-8100
Crucial SSD MX500 1To
Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400
Corsair CX450 80PLUS Bronze

Thanks in advance, I'm really lost!
I built this config for a friend who can't afford a real Mac, but really need it for work. I can't imagine telling her she spent 700€ for nothing :(

Best regards

Last edited:
Waow, my friend!!! You saved me!!! After 40 hours on this build, I thought I'll never get it.

Now I have sound, HDMI video with 1536Mb and LAN working. Fabulous, thanks you soooo much.

Only one thing that is not OK : mouse very slow during more than one minute after startup.
If anyone knows why?

Waow, my friend!!! You saved me!!! After 40 hours on this build, I thought I'll never get it.

Now I have sound, HDMI video with 1536Mb and LAN working. Fabulous, thanks you soooo much.

Only one thing that is not OK : mouse very slow during more than one minute after startup.
If anyone knows why?

Great almost everything is working, happy to help!

It might be settings in you bios for internal graphics. Look for DVMT alloc should be 64mb or more

Well, I've tried 128, but same result. Anyway, it's not a big problem. Boot+ mouse lag time is about 1 minute and half. Then, everything's working like a real Mac.

I saw you're into audio production. I'm a bit into that too. So, if someday you have any problem/question about audio software (DAW, VSTs, Plugins), feel free to ask, I'll be very happy to help (if I can) :)

It's funny I had that same problem, don't remember how I got rid of it.. It seemed random as each boot it happened for a different duration of time..

You should upgrade to 10.14.4 too, might be the cause of your issue since it works for me and I saw you are on 10.14.2.
And thank you so much! Would love to share information and music with a fellow music/hackintosh lover!:headbang:

You should upgrade to 10.14.4 too, might be the cause of your issue since it works for me and I saw you are on 10.14.2.
Yes, maybe I should do that, I'll take a look when I'll get time.
And thank you so much! Would love to share information and music with a fellow music/hackintosh lover!:headbang:
You're welcome :)

Hey guys!

I just bought the same build you guys have. You guys saved me big time. I was on 3 hours of trying things and I need to onboard my new computer with my work stack (I'm a programmer) before tomorrow morning.

I was having trouble just getting to the install screen.

I also followed TonyMacx86's buying guide to get my parts, I am glad it panned out (with your help!!!)

$119 Gigabyte Z390 UD w/ Intel UHD 630
$180 32GB: 4x8 GB DDR4 3000 mhz
$264 Intel Core i5 9600k
$109 LED 2Top Tower
$ 25 NeoIllusion RGB CPU Cooler
$ 65 700 watt Power Supply
$ 0 (previous computer) 128 GB SSD
$ 0 (previous computer) 4TB HDD
$ 0 (previous computer) 2TB HDD

It ran a bit more $$ than I was wanting, but I think I was really wanting to make sure that this build was as good as my AMD FX8150 PC that I failed to get Mojave on.

Were you guys able to get iMessage working? We have ipads and iphones in our household, and I could only get Mojave iMessage to work on my Laptop; High Sierra on my AMD was a huge problem.

Anyways. Thanks for the help!

I may drop back in later for more help or if I find anything new to fix anything.

-Nathan

@grib666 I also have the lag you're talking about with the mouse in the beginning.

It's not exactly mouse/keyboard lag, it's actually the software or hardware taking pauses (not sure why).

When you login, enter your password and watch the progress spinner, it pauses while your mouse does.

Also - Were you guys able to get Audio working? HDMI audio and onboard audio aren't working. I tried Layout ID 7. I also tried VoodooHDA.kext but it gives Kernel Panic on boot.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back