Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING Power issues (Sleep and issues with USB power)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent some time earlier today reinstalling macOS 10.15.1, as well as rebuilding my USB ports kext. I think the issues I'm having with my yeti pro run much deeper and will probably require proper DSDT patching in order to solve. Unfortunately, I had to drop DVMT pre allocated memory on my iGPU to 32MB (if I did not, the dreaded cannot allocate runtime area error appears). Both AptioMemoryFix and OsxAptioFix3Drv work, but I'm not sure which is better. Standard sleep seems to be working now, but I don't know how long that'll last. I also had to add my iGPU platform ID to config.plist; if I did not, macOS would not detect the right platform. It defaulted to a UHD 655 with connectors instead of a UHD 630 running in headless mode.

I use iMacPro1,1 system definition with IGPU disabled.

If you feel adventurous, you can try using OpenCore instead of Clover. In my case, I found it to be MUCH better. Booting never fails.

I started looking into OpenCore, but that's going to be a whole other project in of itself (perhaps using a cheap SSD to test it on my main system would be my best option). I stuck with the iMac SMBIOS as I wanted to stay clear of any definition that is based on a Mac with one of the newer T chips. Another reason I avoided the iMac Pro SMBIOS was the fact that these Macs use Xeon processors, and more importantly, ECC RAM.

I started looking into OpenCore, but that's going to be a whole other project in of itself (perhaps using a cheap SSD to test it on my main system would be my best option). I stuck with the iMac SMBIOS as I wanted to stay clear of any definition that is based on a Mac with one of the newer T chips. Another reason I avoided the iMac Pro SMBIOS was the fact that these Macs use Xeon processors, and more importantly, ECC RAM.

The fact that real iMacPro1,1s use Xeons and ECC hasn't affected anything as far as I can tell. For a long time, the older MacPro5,1 and iMac14,2 were "go to" system definitions and didn't seem to have any ill effects.

In fact, iMacPro1,1 allows DRM content to work. I don't know of any iMac system definition that consistently allows Apple TV to work right.

Hey. please share your lasted ver. efi folder. tnx

My EFI folder really hasn't changed all that much (if at all really). I removed the EC0 to EC rename as after decompiling my DSDT, I noticed there was no device named EC0 to begin with, but instead one called h_EC containing a method STA which returned zero (basically an unused device). I'm still having issues with USB power even after creating SSDT-EC and SSDT-USBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back