Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING, i7-9700K can not boot Mojave with RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I don't know of anyone who has succeeded to get accelerated video from the UHD 630 on a 9th Gen CPU. If we install a discrete GPU, we can attach the AppleIntelFramebuffer to the iGPU with no problem. But then there's no video output from any of the motherboard video ports.

So we're left with 2 choices:
  • Use iGPU for video, but AppleIntelFramebuffer will not be attached. So no acceleration.
  • Use dGPU for video, and iGPU will attach to IntelAppleFramebuffer and HEVC, H.264, Quick Look, Preview, etc. will all work.

If you think it might work, I can add a connector for some of the motherboard USB 2 ports.

If you think it might work, I can add a connector for some of the motherboard USB 2 ports.
What's odd is that:
  • You have successfully installed Mojave with just the iGPU plugged in? Yes/No?
  • But when you subsequently install the RX 580 and move video cable to the RX 580, then you get the message?
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0​
  • In your config.plist, is "RtVariables --> CsrActiveConfig" set to 0x67? If not, please try it. That should allow unsigned kexts in /Library/Extensions to be loaded.

Can this configuration work now?
Thanks!

Hey, any news on this?
I want to build a mAtx build with a 9900k and this MoBo (as I need TB3) but still there is no succesful build in this forum.
Even tho it is listed in the buyers guide.

You should be able to build a Hackintosh with the Gigabyte Z390 Gaming M and RX 580. Most of the Designare Z390 build guide should apply (just skip the custom SSDTs that are mentioned there):

The on-board HDMI port can also be activated with a framebuffer connector patch:

Regarding Thunderbolt 3 add-in-cards (AIC) -- this may be a little tricky. It may require installing and running Windows in order to initialize the add-in-card, after which it should be available in MacOS. See this thread for some real-world experiences:

If you choose the newer GC-Titan Ridge, your experience may (or may not) be different.

If you select a motherboard with built-in Thunderbolt 3, you will have a much easier and seamless experience. The Gigabyte Designare Z390 has built-in Thunderbolt 3, but of course it's not a mATX...

You should be able to build a Hackintosh with the Gigabyte Z390 Gaming M and RX 580. Most of the Designare Z390 build guide should apply (just skip the custom SSDTs that are mentioned there):

The on-board HDMI port can also be activated with a framebuffer connector patch:

Regarding Thunderbolt 3 add-in-cards (AIC) -- this may be a little tricky. It may require installing and running Windows in order to initialize the add-in-card, after which it should be available in MacOS. See this thread for some real-world experiences:

If you choose the newer GC-Titan Ridge, your experience may (or may not) be different.

If you select a motherboard with built-in Thunderbolt 3, you will have a much easier and seamless experience. The Gigabyte Designare Z390 has built-in Thunderbolt 3, but of course it's not a mATX...

Thanks a lot.
I'm aiming for a Vega 64 instead of a RX 580. This shouldn't make any differences, as the Vega 64 is also natively supported in Mojave, right?
I also would prefer a build-in TB3, but as this build needs to travel to different jobs, a small form factor is key.
As far as I can see, there are no mAtx Boards on the market with build in TB3. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

I’m so glad somebody is building on this motherboard. I’ve attempted two builds with a gaming M mobo, i9 9900k and Vega 56. I’ve had some success but starting over. What I really need is a config file that works between this mobo and an i9 9900k as I cannot resolve port issues and iGpu quick sync. Could someone share a successful config file for this combination. I’m going on 3 months and feeling pretty bummed about progress. Or any tips for a newbie?

I’m so glad somebody is building on this motherboard. I’ve attempted two builds with a gaming M mobo, i9 9900k and Vega 56. I’ve had some success but starting over. What I really need is a config file that works between this mobo and an i9 9900k as I cannot resolve port issues and iGpu quick sync. Could someone share a successful config file for this combination. I’m going on 3 months and feeling pretty bummed about progress. Or any tips for a newbie?
Have you already looked at this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back