Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING, i7-9700K can not boot Mojave with RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have the same Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming with i7 9700K, I tried multiple times with different builds and tools but I'm not able to successfully boot into the Mojave installer.

Can anybody please provide me with the working EFS folder on this board and CPU?

Thanks.

@SierraClimber Did you get this build working? Your last post was in December. @CaseySJ suggested using his Designare thread (assuming this board is similar). Does it work? Still trying to decide to buy this board or the Asus listed in my profile.

Hey all, looking at this thread after searching for my troubles installing upgrades on this same board (10.14.3 - 10.14.4)
Install worked for me after I hooked an old USB connector I had to the USB2 ports on board and did the installation completely without my RX580. Once everything was working correctly I then put the RX580 in, disabled onboard video and everything was fine. I too bought this board cause it was on the buyer's guide list. Everything works great in 10.14.3 and I had to do some custom USB stuff but so far pretty happy. Not so happy with the upgrade and kernel panics though. That being said that is for another thread. Just wanted to chime in since @iGo2school mentioned buying this board....it's not horrible but expect some headaches to get everything 100%. The designair guide does help a lot for some stuff though except for the USB ports in the back that are 2.0 on the designair are I believe USB 3.0 ports on this board which causes issues on initial installation.

im in the exact same boat, tried all sorts of things, just purchased a Z390 gaming X , also got the intel i5 without the integrated graphics (my board has not integrated anything anyway so saved a few bucks) only running the RX580 (sapphire oc 8gb model) boot from thumb drive, choose install os whatever from usb, flash drive blinks a few seconds, screen goes black, and thats that. i purchased this board from the compatibility list and the video card from the compatibility list. WTF

im in the exact same boat, tried all sorts of things, just purchased a Z390 gaming X , also got the intel i5 without the integrated graphics (my board has not integrated anything anyway so saved a few bucks) only running the RX580 (sapphire oc 8gb model) boot from thumb drive, choose install os whatever from usb, flash drive blinks a few seconds, screen goes black, and thats that. i purchased this board from the compatibility list and the video card from the compatibility list. WTF

Have you tried USBInjectallkext or genericUSBhxcikext in clover/Kexts/Other folder?

Hit the space bar once at boot screen menu and select verbose, don’t reboot on Panic and keep symbols.

You may also need a fake CPUID?

Have you tried USBInjectallkext or genericUSBhxcikext in clover/Kexts/Other folder?

Hit the space bar once at boot screen menu and select verbose, don’t reboot on Panic and keep symbols.

You may also need a fake CPUID?

Found out I was not nuts. It. Loads in loads only dvi was showing , now only dvi works , going to play around with clover config and see what I can screw up. I redid my install for verbose always and that’s when I saw it flip.

All, spent the past day chasing this and have things working with the MB. For me I was getting a couple of different memory errors on boot that halted the boot early (one was complaining about not being able to load the kernel cache and the other was about not being able to allocate memory). The trick was two fold (once you follow all the normal bios how to stuff). On your Mojave USB, mount the EFI partition and go to EFI->CLOVER->drivers64UEFI and replace (or add if its not there) OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (there might be another file that has much the same name, if so delete that one and add this one). Now unmount your EFI partition and reboot. On the boot, open up the boot params screen and select slide=0 as a boot param. I also tend to select the verbose flag so I can see where things are going wrong and what the error is. With these two changes, I was able to successfully install Mojave 10.14.5 today and get everything up and going. Did the initial install with the on board graphics card (in VESA mode) and then installed an AMD 560 graphics card (that just worked).

I am attaching my working EFI Folder. I got everything working except the Sleep mode on the latest Mojave for this board.
My Config:
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming i7-9700K
RX 580

Attachments

• EFI-Z390M.zip
    69 MB · Views: 233
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back