Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

EFI updated to OpenCore 0.9.0.

All kexts updated to latest release version except for VoodooPS2Controller.

VoodooPS2Controller updated to 2.3.3. (2.3.4 breaks screenshot keyboard shortcut for me)

Hello, friends. Good evening! I need to upgrade my Hackintosh from Monterey to Ventura. There are some observations I have to follow. I will use the last EFI folder here in the post. I'm afraid of missing something. Unfortunately, I can't do a clean install. I will have to install over Monterey.

Hello, friends. Good evening! I need to upgrade my Hackintosh from Monterey to Ventura. There are some observations I have to follow. I will use the last EFI folder here in the post. I'm afraid of missing something. Unfortunately, I can't do a clean install. I will have to install over Monterey.

Just update the EFI and upgrade macOS like on a real Mac.

Hello friends, I am not able to install, I tried to install directly through the system, but it prepares beforehand. and then when it turns off, it comes back to start installing, but in 05 seconds it turns off the computer by itself. so I made the ventura pen drive, I put the EFI folder in the correct part of the pen drive.
So I tried to install directly from the pen drive it just crashes after a few minutes.
I'm trying to install Opencore, I prefer Clover.
does anyone have a solution?

Hello friends, I am not able to install, I tried to install directly through the system, but it prepares beforehand. and then when it turns off, it comes back to start installing, but in 05 seconds it turns off the computer by itself. so I made the ventura pen drive, I put the EFI folder in the correct part of the pen drive.
So I tried to install directly from the pen drive it just crashes after a few minutes.
I'm trying to install Opencore, I prefer Clover.
does anyone have a solution?

I have not updated the Clover EFI in a long time. Use OpenCore.

Been a minute since last posted here! Been running this exact build for essentially 2 years and has not given issues! Kept it on Catalina to date and standard security updates and all but rock solid boot ups and daily driver. One issue that I just had occur to me is I can no longer boot into the finder screen to get into my iOS usb devices. This has been a common function for me for backing up my iPhones and such. Just yesterday I no longer have the ability to see the sidebar screen indicating "iPhone". Any help would be appreciated as this issue is something to do with how the system may be reacting to a system crash that occurred within the last week when accessing file sharing across two Mac devices on the network. I feel this is finder related but no luck when restarting multiple times, updating EFI, ect.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 7.57.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 7.57.31 PM.png
    984.1 KB · Views: 22
Been a minute since last posted here! Been running this exact build for essentially 2 years and has not given issues! Kept it on Catalina to date and standard security updates and all but rock solid boot ups and daily driver. One issue that I just had occur to me is I can no longer boot into the finder screen to get into my iOS usb devices. This has been a common function for me for backing up my iPhones and such. Just yesterday I no longer have the ability to see the sidebar screen indicating "iPhone". Any help would be appreciated as this issue is something to do with how the system may be reacting to a system crash that occurred within the last week when accessing file sharing across two Mac devices on the network. I feel this is finder related but no luck when restarting multiple times, updating EFI, ect.
Top Menu Bar -> Finder -> Preferences -> Sidebar -> Under Locations, check or uncheck and check iOS Devices.

Last edited:

If it's showing up under USB, then I don't see why it's not working...

I'm not sure what's going on. But I can't install 13.3. I have 0.9.0 installed, and this is the messages it just stops and reboots. I appreciate any help anyone can give. I’ve never had any issues installing updates in the past. Just 13.3 and all of the betas. Thanks in advance.
13.2.1 installs with no issue from my bit stick.
**It's not letting me upload the video. I'll try once I get back to 13.2.1.
Hopefully you can read this but I have no clue why its not working.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 5.06.09 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 5.06.09 PM.png
    22.2 MB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 5.07.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 5.07.12 PM.png
    22.6 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I'm not sure what's going on. But I can't install 13.3. I have 0.9.0 installed, and this is the messages it just stops and reboots. I appreciate any help anyone can give. I’ve never had any issues installing updates in the past. Just 13.3 and all of the betas. Thanks in advance.
13.2.1 installs with no issue from my bit stick.
**It's not letting me upload the video. I'll try once I get back to 13.2.1.
Hopefully you can read this but I have no clue why its not working.

Try clearing NVRAM at the OpenCore boot picker.

If that doesn't help, try adding "BridgeOSHardwareModel" to your config.plist:

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 9.53.04 PM.png

Last edited:
Back