Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

@pastrychef ,

Have you had any problems with your Asrock RX 6600 XT Challenger card in 12.3.1? I have bought the exact same card recently, and stumbling across some issues where I could only get the HDMI port to work.

Are you using just agdpmod=pikera, did you have to insert frame buffer for the DP ports at the back to work? (out of curiosity, which DP port are you using)?

Thanks

P.S. I still have the same Z390 M Gaming setup with 9600KF, testing why my card wouldn't work in Z690... If I couldn't get it to work in Z690 I will put it in the Z390M setup.

Last edited:
@pastrychef ,

Have you had any problems with your Asrock RX 6600 XT Challenger card in 12.3.1? I have bought the exact same card recently, and stumbling across some issues where I could only get the HDMI port to work.

Are you using just agdpmod=pikera, did you have to insert frame buffer for the DP ports at the back to work? (out of curiosity, which DP port are you using)?

Thanks

P.S. I still have the same Z390 M Gaming setup with 9600KF, testing why my card wouldn't work in Z690... If I couldn't get it to work in Z690 I will put it in the Z390M setup.

I have not had any issues with my 6600 XT. I use the DisplayPort furthest away from the PCI-e slot. I've never tried any of the other ports because it just worked from day 1...

Yes, I only needed "agdpmod=pikera".

No, I did not need to inject any DeviceProperties.

Hi Pastrychef,
thanks again for your help!
Actually i'm using a Qnap QXG-10G1T network controller - which didnot work for some time now.
For that i was glad to here that you updated to OC 0.8.0 as i hoped the "forceAquantiaEthernet" would enable my network again... Would you give me a hint as to what else - beside updating my efi to 0.8.0 - i should do to activate my network card again?
thanks in advance,
Stefan

If you have an AQC107 based card, the only thing needed is ForceAquantiaEthernet=Enabled.

This replaces the old kext patches that were used before OpenCore 0.8.0.

Last edited:
After updating to Monterey my Bluetooth no longer works. Also it takes a lot longer to boot.
Tried three versions of EFI (the one that worked with big sur, 0.7.9 and 0.8.0).
0.8.0 is perfectly identical to yours, except the three data filled in (serial, mac address, etc.).
Also for some reason I can't use my keyboard on OpenCore Menu. But that has been going on for a while, I'll try to activate verbose now to see what's going on.
I'm using a Bluetooth dongle USB (ORICO) that worked flawlessly. Any suggestions or should I roll back to Big Sur?

After updating to Monterey my Bluetooth no longer works. Also it takes a lot longer to boot.
Tried three versions of EFI (the one that worked with big sur, 0.7.9 and 0.8.0).
0.8.0 is perfectly identical to yours, except the three data filled in (serial, mac address, etc.).
Also for some reason I can't use my keyboard on OpenCore Menu. But that has been going on for a while, I'll try to activate verbose now to see what's going on.
I'm using a Bluetooth dongle USB (ORICO) that worked flawlessly. Any suggestions or should I roll back to Big Sur?

Hi there.

These sound like known problems with the latest macOS updates.

For Bluetooth there is a kext change that may help, or a USB configuration.

For slow boot ... would you be using an NVMe SSD by any chance? If so it could be the well-reported Trim issue. What make SSD?

Perhaps upload your EFI folder as a ZIP with serial-number redacted for someone to check?

:)

The Bluetooth stack changed in Monterey. What worked in Big Sur and earlier may not work in Monterey. Try using BrcmPatchRAM and Bluetoolfixup to see if they can fix your Bluetooth. Best to use a natively supported Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card.

Some Samsung NVMe SSDs have a Trim issue that causes slow boot on Monterey.

Check config.plist > UEFI > Input > KeySupport and/or config.plist > Drivers > OpenUsbKbdDxe.efi to see if they help get your keyboard working at the OpenCore boot loader.

Here it is my EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.7 MB · Views: 36
The Bluetooth stack changed in Monterey. What worked in Big Sur and earlier may not work in Monterey. Try using BrcmPatchRAM and Bluetoolfixup to see if they can fix your Bluetooth. Best to use a natively supported Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card.

Some Samsung NVMe SSDs have a Trim issue that causes slow boot on Monterey.

Check config.plist > UEFI > Input > KeySupport and/or config.plist > Drivers > OpenUsbKbdDxe.efi to see if they help get your keyboard working at the OpenCore boot loader.
Thanks, I'll look into it.
Im using a SAMSUNG NVMe SSD. Other than the slow boot, is there any problems on using it like this?

Thanks, I'll look into it.
Im using a SAMSUNG NVMe SSD. Other than the slow boot, is there any problems on using it like this?

Other than the slow boot, I do not know of any other issues with Samsung NVMe SSDs.

If you have an AQC107 based card, the only thing needed is ForceAquantiaEthernet=Enabled.

This replaces the old kext patches that were used before OpenCore 0.8.0.
Hi, pastrychef,

After updating OpenCore Configurator, I found the checkbox for "ForceAquantiaEthernet" - now everything works fine again!

Thanks for the useful hint and your work here!
Stefan

Back