Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Always backup the EFI to a USB drive first and ensure you can boot off it so you have a plan B if something goes wrong.

To copy the EFI you need
1) to mount the EFI partition from your old NVMe
2) copy the folder to your desktop and unmount the EFI partition
3) mount the USB EFI partition and copy the folder to the USB
4) Boot to ensure the USB is working
5) mount the EFI partition from your NVMe and copy the folder from your desktop.
6) Test that all works fine and keep the USB safe

@pastrychef hello, if I want to disconnect the old NVMe and use the new one... How can I move the EFI folder? What should I do to make sure the EFI Folder is gonna be there after I disconnected the older one?
Thanks

Just copy/paste the EFI folder to the EFI partition of the new drive. Very easy.

Clover EFI updated to r5144. All kexts updated to latest release versions.

OpenCore EFI updated to version 0.7.8. All kexts updated to latest release versions.

Clover EFI updated to r5144. All kexts updated to latest release versions.

OpenCore EFI updated to version 0.7.8. All kexts updated to latest release versions.
Thank you !!! :)

Merci

I tried to install the new version of Mac OS. “Monteray” and wanted to do a clean install. so i made the flash drive to boot the system and did the installation as i always did. In short, when installing the system it starts normally, but after it restarts it gives a warning. A firmware update
required cannot be installed. then it asks to select the system that will be installed, but nothing appears. and I can't move forward. would you have any solution?

then it asks to select the system that will be installed, but nothing appears. and I can't move forward. would you have any solution?

I managed to solve. I forgot to put the Efi folder inside the flash drive. thank God I have a spare Mac Mini for those cases.

@pastrychef How I can add into boot of OpenCore windows 11? For now the only way I've achieved is pressing 12 and selecting the Win11 hdd.

Try setting config.plist > Misc > Security > ScanPolicy = 0.

Back