Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hmm okay ... I'm wondering if there's something going on with my board in general.

Do the USB ports behave the same way in Windows and/or Linux?

Are you using the EFI folders as-is from post #1?

Anyone installed 12.2 yet?
I backed up and updated my OpenCore to 0.7.7 to get ready but I'm not seeing the update in Software Update. Not sure why. I guess I'll check again tomorrow.

First, I just want to say that this thread has been extremely helpful for my build using this board. I'm having a really severe issue with USB though. I have everything mapped correctly; however, all of my ports will randomly shut off on me, and the only way to get them back, is to reboot, or to hit the power button to set the hack to sleep, and upon waking, USB will work again. Idk why this happens, but it keeps me from using this build as a daily driver, as this issue has caused data corruption before (yeah I had an external HDD connected). Has anyone had this issue with this board? I'm about to go out, and buy a separate XHCI card with dedicated controllers at this point.
I didn't have this exact behaviour, but I started having issues with USB ports dropping out after updating to Monterey. I upgraded my BIOS to f9 (2021/11/29) this weekend and my USB is backing to normal function.

I backed up and updated my OpenCore to 0.7.7 to get ready but I'm not seeing the update in Software Update. Not sure why. I guess I'll check again tomorrow.

Make sure to set config.plist > Misc > Security > SecureBootModel to "Default".

What I can try else? I'm not getting any updates in "Software Update"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 13.43.02.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 13.43.02.png
    822.7 KB · Views: 26
What I can try else? I'm not getting any updates in "Software Update"
click on advanced, make sure a tick is on check for updates and click ok

reset nvram at the boot picker may help

Monterey 12.1
Switched from OC 0.7.6 to 0.7.7 and got this message before boot picker showed up:

Attachments

• photo_2022-01-27 14.47.26.jpeg
    photo_2022-01-27 14.47.26.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 45
Back