Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Ok, so I've made some progress. I had a HD with Catalina installed on it from a previous build. It was a Z390 Asrock mobo with my current Intel i5-9600K CPU. But, at some point, my OC stopped working, and I couldn't boot into it. I've now got the Z390M UD mobo from Gigabyte, and it's working much better than the Asrock board. I used the EFI from @nottooshabby, made a couple mods and was able to get my previous Catalina install to boot. So now have a working Hackintosh.

I have an extra drive and want to install Big Sur or maybe Monterey on it. Here's my issue, I made the USB installer, added the EFI from @nottooshabby to the hidden efi partition and rebooted. The OC picker comes up, and I see the Big Sur installer and select it. The text starts streaming, and ,some seconds later, I get a black screen with the Apple logo and a progress bar. At some point the screen goes black, and, a few seconds later, I get the installer screen. So here's my issue. My USB mouse and keyboard don't work. I can't choose anything or do anything. My USB ports are working because I can boot the USB drive. I have XhciPortLimit checked in the config file. Anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks,
Steve

Boot in to Catalina and fix your USB. Then put the USBPorts.kext in to your OpenCore EFI.

Guide:

Hi, I need some pointers please...
I updated Clover to the latest version (I was only a couple of versions behind), got your latest extensions from the first page, and tried to upgrade. to Monterey from Catalina... during the install the installer says "couldn't install necessary firmware" and stops the installation. The BT array also doesn't work at that point, so no mouse or keyboard. I was able to reboot in Catalina, but now I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,Max

Hi, I need some pointers please...
I updated Clover to the latest version (I was only a couple of versions behind), got your latest extensions from the first page, and tried to upgrade. to Monterey from Catalina... during the install the installer says "couldn't install necessary firmware" and stops the installation. The BT array also doesn't work at that point, so no mouse or keyboard. I was able to reboot in Catalina, but now I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,Max

Open your config.plist with Clover Configurator and go to SMBIOS. Click the "up/down" arrow button and select iMacPro1,1. All the SMBIOS data will be updated. Copy/paste back your old Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.

What kind of Bluetooth are you using. The EFIs on post #1 only work with Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards.

does it matter if I am already on iMac Pro 1,1?
The wifi/bluetooth cardio one of the apple ones... don't remember which one...

It doesn't matter. The point is to update the "firmware".
Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 4.11.55 PM.png

If you are using a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card that has lost support, you may need to add the BrcmPatchRAM.

First, I just want to say that this thread has been extremely helpful for my build using this board. I'm having a really severe issue with USB though. I have everything mapped correctly; however, all of my ports will randomly shut off on me, and the only way to get them back, is to reboot, or to hit the power button to set the hack to sleep, and upon waking, USB will work again. Idk why this happens, but it keeps me from using this build as a daily driver, as this issue has caused data corruption before (yeah I had an external HDD connected). Has anyone had this issue with this board? I'm about to go out, and buy a separate XHCI card with dedicated controllers at this point.

First, I just want to say that this thread has been extremely helpful for my build using this board. I'm having a really severe issue with USB though. I have everything mapped correctly; however, all of my ports will randomly shut off on me, and the only way to get them back, is to reboot, or to hit the power button to set the hack to sleep, and upon waking, USB will work again. Idk why this happens, but it keeps me from using this build as a daily driver, as this issue has caused data corruption before (yeah I had an external HDD connected). Has anyone had this issue with this board? I'm about to go out, and buy a separate XHCI card with dedicated controllers at this point.

This has never happened to me.

Back