Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I'm good. Yourself?

I've always left the UIScale setting at "-1" and the Apple logo has always appeared in high res.
Thank you, I am well too.

I test it but it didn't make any difference. Yes, I reset NVRAM too.

My earlier connection type is mDP and I never got this type of problem. I made a video can you look at that, first stage is OK but after the blink Logo is bigger.

Attachments

• IMG_0137.mov.zip
    12.6 MB · Views: 38
Thank you, I am well too.

I test it but it didn't make any difference. Yes, I reset NVRAM too.

My earlier connection type is mDP and I never got this type of problem. I made a video can you look at that, first stage is OK but after the blink Logo is bigger.

I have no idea why that is happening...

@telepati

If this is a 4K monitor, try that : UIScale: 2

2.png

Hi Pastrychef,

I have decided to stay with Clover for now. All is working perfectly in Clover (smooth as well).

I got OpenCore working with a different release (also the keyboard in the boot menu, I guess it has to do with conflicting kext's / efi's?)

For some reason, the IntelMausiEthernet.kext doesn't seem to work in OpenCore, my Ethernet is doing nothing. However, the same kext works perfectly when running in Clover, very weird.

There are 2 small error's in your Clover config file that I corrected. The iMac Pro 1,1 system definition has firmware 1037.0.39.151.1 but should be 1715.0.57.0.0. Otherwise, you get an annoying error message while booting with Clover (it still boots and works like a dream regardless).

The second one is inside SystemParameters -> InjectKexts. It is defined as class 'STRING = Yes' but should be 'Boolean = Yes', otherwise you also get an error while booting.

Thanks a million for all your work! Without it, I probably would be looking at 'Still Waiting for Root Device'.

Hi pastrychef,
after changing to Monterey my USB-Bluetooth-Dongle stopped working, but with your help and bluetoothfixup.kext i got it to work again.
Now after changing to OC 0.7.6 bluetooth service is deactivated again.
Any idea?

thanks again,
Stefan

Hi pastrychef,
after changing to Monterey my USB-Bluetooth-Dongle stopped working, but with your help and bluetoothfixup.kext i got it to work again.
Now after changing to OC 0.7.6 bluetooth service is deactivated again.
Any idea?

thanks again,
Stefan

The same fix should work with 0.7.6.

Hi pastrychef,

thanks for your advice - but with 0.7.6 it doesn't work.
I put the bluetoothfixup.kext in the kexts directory and added it with open core configurator.
I did exact the same procedure as with 0.7.5
--> do you have any clues, as to wether the new 0.7.6 affects anyhow the bluetooth functionality?
thanks,
Stefan

Hi pastrychef,

thanks for your advice - but with 0.7.6 it doesn't work.
I put the bluetoothfixup.kext in the kexts directory and added it with open core configurator.
I did exact the same procedure as with 0.7.5
--> do you have any clues, as to wether the new 0.7.6 affects anyhow the bluetooth functionality?
thanks,
Stefan

Try adding BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, and BlueToolFixup.kext. in that order.

Back