Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

How are your benchmarks in Monterey vs older operating systems? I updated from Mojave. My single core is about the same, but for multicore I used to be at around 9200, now I am closer to 8950. Not a huge difference, but I am wondering if others have seen a drop.

Also I tried the resizable Bar option in 0.7.5. I used 0 instead of -1 for the Apple option and my computer would no longer sleep. Has anyone tried this with an RX580 or 590?

Sorry. I don't know. I've only used Magic Mouse 1, Magic Mouse 2, and Magic Trackpad.
thank you for the reply. but there's any procedure a can do like changing kexts or something similar?

How are your benchmarks in Monterey vs older operating systems? I updated from Mojave. My single core is about the same, but for multicore I used to be at around 9200, now I am closer to 8950. Not a huge difference, but I am wondering if others have seen a drop.

Also I tried the resizable Bar option in 0.7.5. I used 0 instead of -1 for the Apple option and my computer would no longer sleep. Has anyone tried this with an RX580 or 590?

I have not noticed any significant difference in my GeekBench scores.

I have not tried resize bar. I'm on BIOS F9l which doesn't have the feature.

thank you for the reply. but there's any procedure a can do like changing kexts or something similar?

None that I'm aware of.

Alright - I got it working. I didn't realize I needed to turn on the BIOS option. Make sure to turn on the BIOS option after setting the AppleResizeBar option to 0 in the config.plist. If you turn it on in the BIOS first, then your machine won't boot. I can't say I notice much of a difference, but computer seems stable so far.

Hey! I have format and reinstall macOS Big Sur, and now it works well. The only problem I have is, when I wake up from sleep, WIFI don't work. It's inactive. I have an Apple BCM94360CS2, and I use yours OC 0.7.5.

Hey! I have format and reinstall macOS Big Sur, and now it works well. The only problem I have is, when I wake up from sleep, WIFI don't work. It's inactive. I have an Apple BCM94360CS2, and I use yours OC 0.7.5.

Cool. What was causing the black screen?

I don't know why Wi-Fi is broken after wake. Which slot do you have your Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card installed?

Cool. What was causing the black screen?

I don't know why Wi-Fi is broken after wake. Which slot do you have your Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card installed?
The problem was MacOS Monterey i guess, when i reinstall Big Sur with same OC EFI no problem.

I use slot PCI 1, should i try slot 2 ?

IMG-5586.JPG

The problem was MacOS Monterey i guess, when i reinstall Big Sur with same OC EFI no problem.

I use slot PCI 1, should i try slot 2 ?

View attachment 534090

That slot should be fine... But I use the slot below that one for my BCM94360CS2.

Hi Pastrychef,
I just upgrade to Monterey with the help of your OC files and now my USB Bluetooth adapter (bcm20702a0 chipset) doesn't work anymore.
It does show up in the USB device tree

BCM20702A0:
Produkt-ID: 0x21e8
Hersteller-ID: 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.)
Version: 1.12
Seriennummer: 5CF3709A2C75
Geschwindigkeit: Bis zu 12 MBit/s
Hersteller: Broadcom Corp
Standort-ID: 0x14230000 / 7
Verfügbare Stromstärke (mA): 500
Erforderliche Stromstärke (mA): 0
Zusätzlicher Betriebsstrom (mA): 0

But the system information tells me in the Bluetooth section (even when the usb adapter is unplugged):
Bluetooth-Controller:
Adresse: NULL
Chipsatz: BCM_4350C2
Sichtbar: Aus
Firmwareversion: v0 c0
Produkt-ID: 0x0001
Unterstützte Dienste: 0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT Serial >
Transport: UART
Hersteller-ID: 0x004C (Apple)

Do you have any idea on this?
Thanks again for your help!
Stefan