Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I tried to fix my Bluetooth issue by messing around in the BIOS. Big mistake! I toggled the Port 60/64 setting, which has something to do with PS/2. And after that I was not able to boot again. I tried everything. Including CMOS reset.

So, I decided to do a fresh install. I have 3 backups. What could possibly go wrong!

I created a BigSur boot USB flash drive. Added your OpenCore config. Added -v in the bootflags. Added my serial. Boots fine. Erased and installed SSD disk. And after booting the installed partition, this happens...

I'm pretty sure the BIOS settings are accordingly to your first post. I did it twice, just to be sure.

BTW, I'm on BIOS F9l.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_1998.jpeg
    IMG_1998.jpeg
    906.2 KB · Views: 42
I tried to fix my bluetooth issue by messing around in the BIOS. Big mistake! I toggled the Port 60/64 setting, which has something to do with PS/2. And after that I was not able to boot again. I tried everything. Including CMOS reset.

So, I decided to do a fresh install. I have 3 backups. What could possibly go wrong!

I created a BigSur boot USB flash drive. Added your OpenCore config. Added -v in the bootflags. Added my serial. Boots fine. Erased and installed SSD disk. And after booting the installed partition, this happens...

I'm pretty sure the BIOS settings are accordingly to your first post. I did it twice, just to be sure.

BTW, I'm on BIOS F9l.

Any ideas?

What Bluetooth issues were you having? Which Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card are you using?

Did you remember to disable CFG Lock in BIOS?

Last edited:
Bluetooth Keyboard was not working during boot.

And yes, I triple checked CFG lock is disabled.

Hmm... I don't know... Disabling CFG Lock should fix that...

Hi pastrychef, since updating to OC 0.7.4, my windows drive will not boot. it just goes to a black screen and shuts off my keyboard and mouse LED.
Have you run into this problem?
I just use your EFI and add my Mac info into the plist.
Thanks for your continual support, you are amazing.

Hi pastrychef, since updating to OC 0.7.4, my windows drive will not boot. it just goes to a black screen and shuts off my keyboard and mouse LED.
Have you run into this problem?
I just use your EFI and add my Mac info into the plist.
Thanks for your continual support, you are amazing.

I don't know... I don't test Windows with the bootloaders. When I need to boot Windows, I use the BIOS boot menu (spam F12 when I turn on the system).

Please try the fix on post #4583 to see if it works for you.

I just found an issue with Monterey... After wake from sleep, my Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Trackpad are not working.

Update 3:
Figured it out. It turns out the fix to make the system wake with just one mouse click was the cause of the problem. Disable SSDT-USBW.aml and USBWakeFixup.kext.
I just upgraded to your OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI (from 0.7.0) and am currently on macOS 11.4.

I would like to upgrade to Monterey; how do I disable these two files so that I don't experience the wake from sleep problem?

Thanks,

Bruno

I just upgraded to your OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI (from 0.7.0) and am currently on macOS 11.4.

I would like to upgrade to Monterey; how do I disable these two files so that I don't experience the wake from sleep problem?

Thanks,

Bruno

Open your config.plist with OpenCore Configurator and uncheck:

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 7.29.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 7.30.08 PM.png

Last edited:
Back