Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I have not seen this since the days of Aptio fix problems... Make sure you have SSDT-PMC installed and that NVRAM is working.

I really have trouble understanding, I think I'll format everything and redo the configuration
there is a tutorial to do with my Asus TUF Z390- PLUS GAMING motherboard (WI-FI)
thanks to you

I really have trouble understanding, I think I'll format everything and redo the configuration
there is a tutorial to do with my Asus TUF Z390- PLUS GAMING motherboard (WI-FI)
thanks to you
you have a tutorial for Asus TUF Z390 PLUS GAMING WIFI ?

It worked, thank you!
After updating BIOS everything went smooth :).
So I have a fully working macOS Monterey :).

But Windows is not booting from OpenCore at all :(.
If I change boot partition to Windows EFI it starts just fine, but no luck with OpenCore. After choosing Windows screen just goes black.

Do I have to change something in plist.config to get dual boot working properly?

@Chronosee : I have 2 Windows boot volumes in my picker, one will boot into Windows and the other gives me a BSD. I haven't really tried to fixed it, and moreover, I've disabled my picker so that my computer automatically boots into MacOS. When I need to go into Windows, I bring up the boot volumes at POST.

Here are some instructions on how to add the correct Windows boot volume in the picker:

I've been meaning to test it out but haven't had the opportunity yet. @miliuco knows what he's talking about, so I would trust this procedure.

Let us know how it works out!

To be 100% honest, once booted in to macOS, I can't tell whether I used Clover or OpenCore.

As far as I can see, there isn't any advantage to either bootloader. OpenCore is more actively developed... In fact, newer versions of Clover even use the OpenCore core at its core.

There isn't anything special that you need to do. Just download the latest OpenCore, enter your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address, then replace your Clover EFI with the OpenCore EFI.
Thanks @pastrychef - sounds like its not worth moving if I've got everything working ok

hello, I cannot create a bootable key with unibeast because it does not want to download catalina or when I have the package with gibMacOS-master it tells me that it is failed
do you have a solution thank you all

PS: I am on an original macbook pro catalina in 10.15.7 to make my key with unibeast

hello, I cannot create a bootable key with unibeast because it does not want to download catalina or when I have the package with gibMacOS-master it tells me that it is failed

PS: I am on an original macbook pro catalina in 10.15.7 to make my key with unibeast

I don't know. I have not tried to download a standalone macOS installer in a long time.

Back