Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

@pastrychef - which NVME SSD are you using? I am reading about some TRIM issues with the Samsungs causing the Monterey boot times to be excessively long. Are you having any problems? I think we have the same NVME -- Samsung 970 EVO

I was going to update to Monterey this weekend but I'm probably going to hold off until I see some clarity from the Bluetooth and NVME problems.

I currently have Western Digital SN750 Black 1TB NVMe SSDs in my Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming and my Dell Vostro 3480 laptop. My Samsung 970 EVO is in my HP ProDesk 400 G6.

By default, the Samsung SSDs should not cause slow boot times. It can cause slow boot times if you have a custom setting for config.plist > Kernel > Add > SetApfsTrimTimeout.

The problem is that the controller on some Samsung SSDs don't work right with macOS. By default, Trim takes too long with macOS and never really completes. The workaround is to use the OpenCore "SetApfsTrimTimeout" setting to give it as much time as it needs to complete the Trim operation. This is when you would experience a boot delay.

For more info, please see:

Hi there. I'm having an issue with moving from Clover to OpenCore. I'm on Big Sur 11.2.1, tried to do Monterrey upgrade and had the same issue as @wall121 .
So I downloaded "EFI OpenCore 0.7.4 Z390M", populated SystemUUID, SystemSerialNumber and MLB with the same values as those from Clover, and switched EFI folder from Clover to OpenCore.

I can't boot any partition from OpenCore, after selecting my Mac partition it gets stuck on Apple logo. If i chose Windows partition it gets stuck on black screen.

I still have a working Clover on USB drive though.

Do I have to do something else besides populating serial numbers in OpenCore and copying it to EFI ?

Running: Sapphire RX 580 4GB, Fenvi Bluetooth/Wifi card, Adata SX8200 PRO SSD.

Last edited:
hi!
I've updated to 12.0.1
I want to download bootcamp windows support but it is impossible to download it. Do you have any answer?
thanks

I will, then let you know.

Thanks.

PD: I´ve downloaded the package but when I run setup.exe it says the is not for the PC. I've installed controllers manually. Then if I want to run windows from picker it does not start.

Last edited:
Hi there. I'm having an issue with moving from Clover to OpenCore. I'm on Big Sur 11.2.1, tried to do Monterrey upgrade and had the same issue as @wall121 .
So I downloaded "EFI OpenCore 0.7.4 Z390M", populated SystemUUID, SystemSerialNumber and MLB with the same values as those from Clover, and switched EFI folder from Clover to OpenCore.

I can't boot any partition from OpenCore, after selecting my Mac partition it gets stuck on Apple logo. If i chose Windows partition it gets stuck on black screen.

I still have a working Clover on USB drive though.

Do I have to do something else besides populating serial numbers in OpenCore and copying it to EFI ?

Running: Sapphire RX 580 4GB, Fenvi Bluetooth/Wifi card, Adata SX8200 PRO SSD.

Did you clear NVRAM at the OpenCore Boot Picker?

Hi all

I received the new mother card
TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WIFI) but the problem is that it hangs on the apple with 50% of the bar.

Does anyone have an idea or solution?

thank you all

Please add the "-v" boot argument and post a photo of where it gets stuck.

Back