Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

hello,

i tried the upgrade to monterey but on the first reboot the loading bar hangs at about 15% and the pc restarts, i am i missed something?

Please add "-v" boot argument and post where it stops.

H
I have not tried with Clover yet... How far does the update go?
well. the installation process left an additional install partition.

IMG_7019.jpg

If I start from there with -v it stops here and reboots:
IMG_7030.jpg

If start from the other macOS partition I'm back in the old and still running Big Sur installation

H

View attachment 532219

View attachment 532218

If start from the other macOS partition I'm back in the old and still running Big Sur installation

Looks related to USB. Is your EFI on a USB flash drive? Are you installing from a USB installer? Which Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card are you using?

I'm running on the z390 M (non-gaming) and it's been stable for quite some time. So of course I decided to mess with it. Updated to opencore 0.7.4 (no major issues except my own mistakes), and then moved to Big Sur. (Editorial comment: fugly! I thought hard about downgrading but will not - easier to have similar interfaces)

Now many / most of my USB slots are not working. I'm not running either of the USB-related kexts. Opencore is almost entirely vanilla, with config.plist, kexts etc to absolute minimum.

Suggestions on where to start? I'd really like to not go through the entire port mapping process (time and a bit above my paygrade).

I'm running on the z390 M (non-gaming) and it's been stable for quite some time. So of course I decided to mess with it. Updated to opencore 0.7.4 (no major issues except my own mistakes), and then moved to Big Sur. (Editorial comment: fugly! I thought hard about downgrading but will not - easier to have similar interfaces)

Now many / most of my USB slots are not working. I'm not running either of the USB-related kexts. Opencore is almost entirely vanilla, with config.plist, kexts etc to absolute minimum.

Suggestions on where to start? I'd really like to not go through the entire port mapping process (time and a bit above my paygrade).

Thanks - will start with that. A bit perplexed of why all the previous macOS versions before Big Sur worked without these incantations, but it is what it is.

Thanks - will start with that. A bit perplexed of why all the previous macOS versions before Big Sur worked without these incantations, but it is what it is.
because of change.... since El Capitan I think

because of change.... since El Capitan I think
I was running Catalina and Mojave before that on this with no USB port problems whatsoever. I'm going to check, I must have had something a bit different with the configuration.

Thanks again for the link, much easier to understand and work through than the other source I'd been looking at...

H

View attachment 532219

View attachment 532218

Hello, I am French, and I use a translator. Sorry to have written my previous post in French. I confirm with Clover. It restarts on his own at the installation to return to the starting point. If anyone has an idea, I'm suck in hackintosh. LOL. On the other hand, with OpenCore everything seems to be going well. To be continued. Thank you all. Greetings from France

Hi. I am using a nearly similar configuration. The only difference is the video. I am using the RX570. For USB ports to work, turn off XhciPortLimit. And I also use USBInjectAll.kext. Sorry for the English, I'm just studying
My EFI is in the app. Works in Big Sur and Monterey

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.7.4.zip
    9.4 MB · Views: 55
Back