Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I think this is the problem. Try setting the following:

config.plist > UEFI > APFS > MinDate = -1
config.plist > UEFI > APFS > MinVersion = -1

Thank you @pastrychef that worked!

If later on I upgrade to Big Sur, would I have to revert those two changes?

Min Date and Min version of -1 seem to work for both Mojave and Monterey for me. I think it basically disables that check.

I have installed the latest Monterey public beta with 0.7.4 and all is well.

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 11.21.34 AM.png

Hi @pastrychef,
Is there any benefit to unlock MSR on a H/Z270 motherboard (see my Build VII)?
If so, will I also need SSDT-PMC.aml and the "slide=0" boot argument?
Thanks!

Hi @pastrychef,
Is there any benefit to unlock MSR on a H/Z270 motherboard (see my Build VII)?
If so, will I also need SSDT-PMC.aml and the "slide=0" boot argument?
Thanks!

It's always better to unlock MSR if the option is available.

SSDT-PMC should not be needed for Skylake/Kaby Lake. NVRAM wasn't broken until Z390 which is what SSDT-PCM addresses.

I don't think "slide=0" is necessary but you will have to try if you can't boot in to macOS.

I finally had time for SPDIF on the Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING.
So it works without all this patch-work. Just alcid = 98! :)

hey @pastrychef - Thanks again for all your hard work on this golden build. It's been fantastic!

I've been considering moving from Clover to Opencore.

In your opinion is it worth it? Also what do I need to watch out for (what do you think the steps should be) to do the move.

hey @pastrychef - Thanks again for all your hard work on this golden build. It's been fantastic!

I've been considering moving from Clover to Opencore.

In your opinion is it worth it? Also what do I need to watch out for (what do you think the steps should be) to do the move.

To be 100% honest, once booted in to macOS, I can't tell whether I used Clover or OpenCore.

As far as I can see, there isn't any advantage to either bootloader. OpenCore is more actively developed... In fact, newer versions of Clover even use the OpenCore core at its core.

There isn't anything special that you need to do. Just download the latest OpenCore, enter your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address, then replace your Clover EFI with the OpenCore EFI.

Clover EFI updated to r5141.

All kexts updated to latest release versions.

Hi,
Ever since I updated above Monterey Beta 6 Bluetooth malfunctions after wakeup from sleep. This does not happen on Big Sur. Using usb keyboard and mouse, if I just open Blutooth Preferences BT then functions and my magic mouse reconnects as well as the BT keyboard. It wakes up from the BT Keyboard or mouse but then goes dead. I am using the 0.74 efi from this tread. Otherwise everything works fine.. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Back