Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

So I ended up cloning my Mojave drive to my second internal SSD. I then booted into the second SSD and installed Monterey on it. Everything is working good.

Question - Do I need to put my EFI folder onto my second internal SSD drive, or is one sufficient? It seems to be using the one off my Mojave install.

So I ended up cloning my Mojave drive to my second internal SSD. I then booted into the second SSD and installed Monterey on it. Everything is working good.

Question - Do I need to put my EFI folder onto my second internal SSD drive, or is one sufficient? It seems to be using the one off my Mojave install.
One is just fine... However, I have a copy on another system drive to make sure if something gets messed up on the normal boot drive I can change over in the bios to the other drive and boot from there.

I also save a copy of my BIOS settings in the EFI partition in case the BIOS somehow gets reset.

Clover EFI updated to r5139. All kexts updated to latest release versions.

Last edited:
OpenCore EFI updated to 0.7.3. All kexts updated to latest release versions.

DO NOT use your old config.plist!! Copy/paste your SMBIOS info to the included config.plist.

As always, test on USB flash drive before deleting your existing/working EFI.

Bonus:
Here's a video of what it looks like when I turn on my system... (showing off my custom splash screen and playing with my new video capture device)

Hi, @pastrychef. I would just like to say thank you so much for your work and contribution here. Is there anything a student could do to support you?

Rajs_110509_0014spotkevincurvLRsrgb_1600PXweb.jpg

Very nice. The custom splash screen is the missing thing on my build. How have you done this?

Instructions are towards the bottom of post #3 on this thread.

Back