Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Unfortunately I'm not having any luck with MacOS 11.3, even though making the changes reported here, my machine continued to crash and had to shut down manually.
I had to do a clean install for 11.2.3.
I made the USB MAP for safety and still keeps crashing.

Unfortunately I'm not having any luck with MacOS 11.3, even though making the changes reported here, my machine continued to crash and had to shut down manually.
I had to do a clean install for 11.2.3.
I made the USB MAP for safety and still keeps crashing.

I don't know what's causing your crashes. Do you have any crash logs? Have you tried my EFI unmodified? I haven't had a crash in a long long long long long time and my system runs 24/7.

I don't know what's causing your crashes. Do you have any crash logs? Have you tried my EFI unmodified? I haven't had a crash in a long long long long long time and my system runs 24/7.
I tested it yesterday with your EFI with the Bootloader Clover, during and after upgrading to MacOS 11.3. However, at all times, it is stopped in the last reboot with the remaining time of 7 minutes, being forced to manually reset to enter the system.
This week I did this process 4 times, with different EFIs, both the one I made specifies for my configuration in OpenCore 0.6.8, and with its 2 EFIs, Clover and Opencore, and I have the same problem.

I tested it yesterday with your EFI with the Bootloader Clover, during and after upgrading to MacOS 11.3. However, at all times, it is stopped in the last reboot with the remaining time of 7 minutes, being forced to manually reset to enter the system.
This week I did this process 4 times, with different EFIs, both the one I made specifies for my configuration in OpenCore 0.6.8, and with its 2 EFIs, Clover and Opencore, and I have the same problem.

Do it in verbose mode and see where it stops.

If you use iMacPro1,1, there's no need to redo the USB ports fix. It's already done.

Set your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID. Then see if your color profiles stick.

Just use Clover Configurator to generate your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID. All you have to do is click on the following button and select iMacPro1,1.

View attachment 517112

Finally, I selected iMacPro1.1. Thanks for your detailed guide and quick replies. :)

I am going to migrate from Clover to OC.
Is F9m BIOS version (19/01/2021) for Gigabyte Z390M Gaming OK? Or should I stay on F9g? Are there any differences for OpenCore?

One final question. I remember in previous BIOS version I was selecting gaming profile from somewhere I can't find in the latest version... I was getting 200 more score in Geekbench when in gaming mode...

Do you know where can I change it in the f9l ??

I am going to migrate from Clover to OC.
Is F9m BIOS version (19/01/2021) for Gigabyte z390M Gaming ok? Or should i stay on F9g? Are there any differences for OPENCORE?

F9l or F9m are probably a bit better but F9g will work fine too.

Once booted in to macOS, I can't tell if OpenCore or Clover was used.

one final question, I remember in previous bios version I was selecting gaming profile from somewhere I can't find in the latest version... I was getting 200 more score in Geekbench when in gaming mode...

do you know where can I change it in the f9l ??

I don't know where "Gaming profile" is. It probably did some sort of minor overclocking. That can be done manually.

Back