Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I'm surprised. I always thought that the Thunderbolt has to go through PCH. If Thunderbolt is working, hot plug should work under most conditions with just the SSDT.

Oh, so you have to get on the Pacific Coast Highway?!?! Who Knew?!?!

Where do you catch that? After the Slauson Cutoff? (And yes, you have to be of a certain age to know this!)

I think the problem is those are Samsung. Heard bad things about it in connection with Macs / hMacs. Personally, I've choosen WD ones - works great.

I have a Samsung 970 Pro 512GB as my system drive. It is in the PCIe slot and has been running fine for 3+ months.

Anyway, just a data point...

Oh!!

Please try going to config.plist > DeviceProperties > Add > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) > layout-id and change the value from 18 to 20.
Hi,

I just found an SPDIF Adapter and added it to my build. It works under Windows, but not out the box with macOS. I'm using Clover

Where do I have to do the changes you mentioned above with Clover?

Thx!
CU

Hi,

I just found an SPDIF Adapter and added it to my build. It works under Windows, but not out the box with macOS. I'm using Clover

Where do I have to do the changes you mentioned above with Clover?

Thx!
CU

Device Properties. Find an audio-id that has the SPDIF activated.

well, that was easy :) It works, perfect. Thx again!
mhm, one more question. I can't control the volume level from my Mac. Is it as it should be or is there maybe some more things to change?
Volume level can be changed in a software application e.g. from Spotify, but not in the systems settings.

Edit: Found a thread, seams to be "normal" mit macOS. With Linux and Windows it is possible, even over the keyboard

Last edited:
mhm, one more question. I can't control the volume level from my Mac. Is it as it should be or is there maybe some more things to change?
Volume level can be changed in a software application e.g. from Spotify, but not in the systems settings.

Edit: Found a thread, seams to be "normal" mit macOS. With Linux and Windows it is possible, even over the keyboard
I used this program Sound Control.
Captura de Tela 2021-04-16 às 17.05.20.png

Correct. When using Digital audio out, volume control is not available in macOS.

I have a Samsung 970 Pro 512GB as my system drive. It is in the PCIe slot and has been running fine for 3+ months.

Anyway, just a data point...
I heard that they used to cause problems with macOS until they released a firmware update. I checked mine with Samsung Magician, and they are already running the latest firmware. Maybe there are still issues with the larger ones.

I will keep one of my two drives to run Windows and will run some more tests on it in this OS. I will try to sell the other one and get a WD instead.

Back