Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

@pastrychef thanks. Will stick to it too, then :)

One more thing: I'm creating fresh install now, and I want to test OpenCore (I was using Clover up to this point).

Where in the config.plist should I enter serial, board serial, SmUUID and MAC numbers? (I'm using raw text editor, Sublime Text). Should I do that before installation, or post-install of Catalina?

MAC number - is that just MAC address of ethernet card?

One more thing: I'm creating fresh install now, and I want to test OpenCore (I was using Clover up to this point).
Where in the config.plist should I enter serial, board serial, SmUUID and MAC numbers? (I'm using raw text editor, Sublime Text).
MAC number - is that just MAC address of Ethernet card?

Go down to the "PlatformInfo" section.

Yes, MAC address of your built-in Ethernet.

Go down to the "PlatformInfo" section.

Yes, MAC address of your built-in Ethernet.
LOL - stupid me... opened config.plist of Clover install, and that's why I couldn't figure out where to pot those numbers... :D Thanks again :)

@pastrychef Installation went smooth :)

Only one problem: on the BIOS screen, I'm getting this message:
"OCS: Failed to parse data field as value with type mdata and <b42e994ea059> contents, context <ROM>!"

b42e994ea059 is my MAC address

@pastrychef Installation went smooth :)

Only one problem: on the BIOS screen, I'm getting this message:
"OCS: Failed to parse data field as value with type mdata and <b42e994ea059> contents, context <ROM>!"

b42e994ea059 is my MAC address

If you are editing your config.plist with a text editor, use Base64 instead of hex.

Greetings all, keep getting this error from app store when updating. Not on all apps, just on some. I can get round it by deleting the app and reinstalling. No other issues with iMessage or app store. Anyone else getting this?

Screenshot 2021-03-25 at 10.41.24.png

Greetings all, keep getting this error from app store when updating. Not on all apps, just on some. I can get round it by deleting the app and reinstalling. No other issues with iMessage or app store. Anyone else getting this?

View attachment 513203

It has happened once or twice on my hackbook but never on my desktops. I thought it was my Wi-Fi and just tried downloading again, and it worked.

It has happened once or twice on my hackbook but never on my desktops. I thought it was my Wi-Fi and just tried downloading again and it worked.
I've had it two or three times over last 3 months. Tried connecting my phone wireless hotspot and same error. I deleted app and then downloaded newest version. Now all good. Weird. Not a big issue for me. My OCD can cope with this. :lol:

I've had it two or three times over last 3 months. Tried connecting my phone wireless hotspot and same error. I deleted app and then downloaded newest version. Now all good. Weird. Not a big issue for me. My OCD can cope with this. :lol:

Please update me and let me know if the same apps have problems the next time there are updates.

Back