Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

race84574-social382x200.bEcHL5.jpg

@pastrychef AMAZING! This worked flawlessly with open core. YOU ARE AMAZING! Need to contribute somehow. Will donate to tonymac.

Just two questions:

EDITED: NEVER MIND, I CONNECTED TO USB1 AND ITS DONE. MY CORSAIR WAS ON IT, IT IS NOW ON TWO AND I DONT BELIEVE I NEED TO CONNECT TO USB TO WORK PROPERLY (HOPEFULLY)!!! - My case has 1 USB 3.0 (WHICH WORKS) and 2 ports of the older 2.0 (NOT WORKING). Any way to make these work? I really need at least one to work. I do not need or have Titan.

- May we do updates? Not for Big Sur, but Catalina and Security updates?

Keep us in the know if this is Big Sur updatable!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Thank you sooooo much! AMAZING WORK.

Last edited:
@pastrychef AMAZING! This worked flawlessly with open core. YOU ARE AMAZING! Need to contribute somehow. Will donate to tonymac.

Just two questions:

EDITED: NEVER MIND, I CONNECTED TO USB1 AND ITS DONE. MY CORSAIR WAS ON IT, IT IS NOW ON TWO AND I DONT BELIEVE I NEED TO CONNECT TO USB TO WORK PROPERLY (HOPEFULLY)!!! - My case has 1 USB 3.0 (WHICH WORKS) and 2 ports of the older 2.0 (NOT WORKING). Any way to make these work? I really need at least one to work. I do not need or have Titan.

- May we do updates? Not for Big Sur, but Catalina and Security updates?

Keep us in the know if this is Big Sur updatable!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Thank you sooooo much! AMAZING WORK.

As per forum rules, please update your profile to include motherboard, CPU, and GPU.

Yes, you can update macOS as you would on a real Mac. It's a good idea to check back here when updates are available to see if the EFI needs to be updated too.

If/when EFI needs updating, just copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address (if you are on OpenCore) from your old config.plist to the new config.plist.

As per forum rules, please update your profile to include motherboard, CPU, and GPU.

Yes, you can update macOS as you would on a real Mac. It's a good idea to check back here when updates are available to see if the EFI needs to be updated too.

If/when EFI needs updating, just copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address (if you are on OpenCore) from your old config.plist to the new config.plist.
Thank you! Fixed it the profile.
So does that mean I can go ahead and upgrade to Big Sur?!?!?

Thank you! Fixed it the profile.
So does that mean I can go ahead and upgrade to Big Sur?!?!?

If you are on the latest EFI from post #1, yes.

No, I have not. Everything is working so well for me right now, I'm almost afraid to change. Lol
I’ve been on 9m since it was released and have had no issues but also no benefits. I wouldn’t upgrade just for the sake of upgrading but if you’re upgrading anyway I’d go to 9m.

Back