Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

I read it carefully again. Do I understand correctly that I just need to update the BIOS to F9l? And then in the settings Boot> CFG Lock> Disabled?

• (Only available on Beta BIOS F9k, F9j, F9l) Boot > CFG Lock > Disabled
Select Enabled?
Sorry. I'm stupid)))

Do I understand correctly that I just need to update the BIOS to F9l? And then in the settings Boot> CFG Lock> Disabled?

Yes.

One more question.
Is the network card on the motherboard not supported by Mac OS? Therefore it is necessary Syba SD-PEX24055 10GbE PCI-e card?

One more question.
Is the network card on the motherboard not supported by Mac OS? Therefore it is necessary Syba SD-PEX24055 10GbE PCI-e card?

Built-in Ethernet works but it's just 1000Base-T.

The 10GBase-T is ten times faster.

Hey @pastrychef , I'm new here. Sorry to bother but I couldn't find anything regarding updates, I'm running a build under your specs for over a year.I'm on catalina 10.15.4 since then, I'm happy but I like to be as updated as possible to keep up with some other softwares that I need. Do you have any post on that? It's safe for me to update?

Hey @pastrychef , I'm new here. Sorry to bother but I couldn't find anything regarding updates, I'm running a build under your specs for over a year.I'm on catalina 10.15.4 since then, I'm happy but I like to be as updated as possible to keep up with some other softwares that I need. Do you have any post on that? It's safe for me to update?

Download the latest EFI from post #1.
Copy/paste your SMBIOS info from your old config.plist to the new config.plist included with he new EFI.
Replace your old EFI.
Update macOS as you would on a real Mac.

Back