Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

What kind of Wi-Fi card are you using?

You need to map your USB. Please see the following guide.

The graphics card thing is cosmetic. If you want to fix it, please see the bottom of post #3 and look for the "How to populate System Information > PCI". Follow the instructions to change the "???" to anything you like.
Thanks a lot.

I'm going to need you to enlighten me, I still have little bugs I will make a little list if you help me in any case a big thank you already in advance

Thanks a lot.

I'm going to need you to enlighten me, I still have little bugs I will make a little list if you help me in any case a big thank you already in advance

No prob. Post any issues you may come across.

What kind of Wi-Fi card are you using?

You need to map your USB. Please see the following guide.

The graphics card thing is cosmetic. If you want to fix it, please see the bottom of post #3 and look for the "How to populate System Information > PCI". Follow the instructions to change the "???" to anything you like.
Thanks a lot.

@pastrychef Ran into an issue attempting to clone my boot drive after upgrade to Big Sur 11.3 (latest). First tried with SuperDuper!, which worked fine with Catalina, on Big Sur says the boot drive is not mounted. Switched to CarbonCopyCloner, which does a dupe successfully, and I am able to copy the EFI folder to EFI mount from the source drive. However, attempting to boot from the new drive fails shortly after selection from Clover bootloader screen. Apple logo load screen gets about 5-10% of the way through then resets the machine. On boot to the original source drive after failure, a black prompt screen with multiple languages (English, and looks like Chinese) report there was a problem starting the machine, press any key to continue, etc.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong to clone my boot drive, or is this an issue with Big Sur? I'm using vanilla settings for CCC, simply selecting source and destination disks. Not sure if there's some alternative here to get this working, or if I should downgrade to Catalina (I have a backup), clone onto my new drive, and re-upgrade to Big Sur

@pastrychef Ran into an issue attempting to clone my boot drive after upgrade to Big Sur 11.3 (latest). First tried with SuperDuper!, which worked fine with Catalina, on Big Sur says the boot drive is not mounted. Switched to CarbonCopyCloner, which does a dupe successfully, and I am able to copy the EFI folder to EFI mount from the source drive. However, attempting to boot from the new drive fails shortly after selection from Clover bootloader screen. Apple logo load screen gets about 5-10% of the way through then resets the machine. On boot to the original source drive after failure, a black prompt screen with multiple languages (English, and looks like Chinese) report there was a problem starting the machine, press any key to continue, etc.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong to clone my boot drive, or is this an issue with Big Sur? I'm using vanilla settings for CCC, simply selecting source and destination disks. Not sure if there's some alternative here to get this working, or if I should downgrade to Catalina (I have a backup), clone onto my new drive, and re-upgrade to Big Sur

I think it's a Big Sur issue.

Try booting in the Recovery and use Time Machine to Restore to your new drive.

@pastrychef. I found the problem is caused by 11.2.3 update. I re installed on a new ssd version 11.2.1 and everything works flawlessly.

@pastrychef. I found the problem is caused by 11.2.3 update. I re installed on a new ssd version 11.2.1 and everything works flawlessly.

I don't know why that is... I don't have such problems with either version of macOS.

It is more difficult to make a bootable clone of a Big Sur drive. The CCC website has a good explanation of the changes that Apple made, and a workaround:

Edit -- actually, I've gotten in trouble for posting external links before, so just Google "Carbon Copy Cloner Big Sur" and it should pull up a link to Bombich's FAQ

Good morning all,

here are the different points where it is not optimal

1- when I put a key on some usb port I have freezes,

2-all the usb ports are not recognized and do not work (example usb 3.0 key) reading and writing speed 40mb / s while it is a Hyper X.

3-Is that the Evo SSD hard drive must absolutely be put on the M2P port because it is currently on the M2Q port

4-Would it be possible to make a teamwiever so that someone from a distance can see if everything is correctly configured on my mac?

Thank you all for your feedback

DiABLONY

Good morning all,

here are the different points where it is not optimal

1- when I put a key on some usb port I have freezes,

2-all the usb ports are not recognized and do not work (example usb 3.0 key) reading and writing speed 40mb / s while it is a Hyper X.

3-Is that the Evo SSD hard drive must absolutely be put on the M2P port because it is currently on the M2Q port

4-Would it be possible to make a teamwiever so that someone from a distance can see if everything is correctly configured on my mac?

Thank you all for your feedback

DiABLONY

Are you sure there's nothing wrong with your USB flash drive?

Which USB ports are not working?

I hava a Kingston Datatraveler USB flash drive that causes my system to freeze for long moments. It never operated faster than USB 2 speeds. It would constantly eject itself for no reason. It is the worst piece $#!@ that I've ever owned.
ktc-product-usb-dt100g3-dt100g316gb-1-zm-lg.jpg

You can use either M2P or M2Q. Both work fine. Both are in use on my system. Just keep in mind that by using M2P, one of your SATA ports will be disabled.

Personal communications is in violation of forum rules and can get you banned. Don't even ask.

Back