Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hello pastrychef! Thank you for this wonderful guide! I got almost the same specs as in your build. My hackintosh is now up and working great so far, with latest Big Sur, OpenCore bootloader. Recently, I got almost for free a CNVi card Intel 9560, actually same type as Gigabyte is selling as WiFi upgrade kit. So, I got it working using CaseySJ Z490 guide, and no problems so far. But. Bluetooth is not working, not detected at all. I suspect it may be because corresponding (to CNVi) USB port is turned off to meet the 15-port limit. If this is the case, can you please help me and explain how can I turn it on? Thank you!

Yes, the USB port associated with he CNVi port is disabled.

Please see the following guide on how to configure the USB ports you need:

Hello there! I'm following your topic. Everything is very good. I have a question. How do I get the F_USB2 port to work? Is it possible?
Thank you in advance.
OC 0.6.5

Yes, you can configure the USB ports any way you like. Please see the following guide:

You have to set the boot drive in in BIOS.

Have you finished installing macOS yet?

OK, I have power again...

From the 3rd image in #3,566 above, double clicking on Boot Sequence takes me here:

00F9EE56-8F71-4DA2-8B80-5FE16333597C.jpeg

It actually says OpenCore next to the cursor. Clicking on OpenCore and holding the mouse button down shows this:

158ED3B8-47BA-4900-B541-85A7AAC3BE1F.jpeg

Does this mean that the USB device is not set as the Boot Device? Not sure what to do next...

OK, I have power again...

From the 3rd image in #3,566 above, double clicking on Boot Sequence takes me here:

View attachment 505896

It actually says OpenCore next to the cursor. Clicking on OpenCore and holding the mouse button down shows this:

View attachment 505897

Does this mean that the USB device is not set as the Boot Device? Not sure what to do next...

In order for it to be seen as a boot device, you need to have a working EFI in the EFI partition of a drive.

@flatlander48 : Did you follow PC's instructions on how to "Create Your USB Installer And Install macOS"?

You have to use the createinstallmedia command. When you do it correctly, your flash drive should be automatically labeled "Install macOS Catalina" or something like that. It looks like you just simply copied over the Installer application?

When I did a Cut & Paste of the sudo command, it returned Command Not Found.

I found createinstallmedia in the Resources folder when I did a Show Package Contents of the Install macOS Catalina file and dropped it into the Terminal window. The result is the grayed area.

screen - 6.jpeg

Not sure what "This tool must be run as root" means...

When I did a Cut & Paste of the sudo command, it returned Command Not Found.

I found createinstallmedia in the Resources folder when I did a Show Package Contents of the Install macOS Catalina file and dropped it into the Terminal window. The result is the grayed area.

View attachment 506005

Not sure what "This tool must be run as root" means...
try with adding quotes like:
Code:
sudo "/Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia"
and then add the rest of the code

Back