Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

festivus-human-fund.png

Hello @pastrychef,

I am trying to move from Clover to OpenCore and currently using your 0.6.4 version adapted to my needs (iMac19.1 in headless mode). I think I captured almost all the important points about theACPI patches, kexts and platform-IDs. But I am now getting this error message at boot:

OC: ACPI Patch 4 is borked
Halting on critical error

any hint on what could cause this?

Stay safe and wishing you and everybody on this forum a Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Hello @pastrychef,

I am trying to move from Clover to OpenCore and currently using your 0.6.4 version adapted to me needs (iMac19.1 in headless mode). I hik I captured almost all the imortant points about the acpi patches, kexts and paltform ids. But I am now getting this error message at boot:

OC: ACPI Patch 4 is borked
Halting on critical error

any hint on what could cause this?

Stay safe an wishing you and everybody on this forum a Merry Christmas!

It's telling you ACPI, so look in config.plist > ACPI and /EFI/OC/ACPI/.

Remember that whatever SSDTs you want to use needs to be enabled in config.plist.

Is there a preconfigured OpenCore EFI for an i5-9600K processor (Coffee Lake) , Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 4 GB and iGPU as I use FCPX. All of this and upgrading to BigSur.
I've been using 19,1 and would like to keep that serial number.

I tried to morph your last 0.6.4 folder, but sanity checker reports wrong configurations, I'm guessing i5 vs i9.

Last year at this time, we were never able to get my onboard Ethernet to work, I was hoping that the firmware update would fix that, but no. Still using the PCI card.

Is there a preconfigured OpenCore EFI for an i5-9600K processor (Coffee Lake) , Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 4 GB and iGPU as I use FCPX. All of this and upgrading to BigSur.
I've been using 19,1 and would like to keep that serial number.

I tried to morph your last 0.6.4 folder, but sanity checker reports wrong configurations, I'm guessing i5 vs i9.

Last year at this time, we were never able to get my onboard Ethernet to work, I was hoping that the firmware update would fix that, but no. Still using the PCI card.

Just use the EFI from post #1.

CPU and GPU doesn't matter.

Just enable IGPU in BIOS and change system definition to iMac19,1 and use your existing SMBIOS info.

I have never used any sanity checker. I'm confident I'm pretty sane.

There's no reason why your built-in ethernet shouldn't work.

So, all of the components are mounted and internal cables connected. Next thing to do is see if I can straighten up the cables. However, I just noticed something. I put the Fenvi card in the x4 slot. My GPU is a double wide and mounting the Fenvi in the x1_2 slot seemed too close to the GPU fans. Should I move the Fenvi?

It's telling you ACPI, so look in config.plist > ACPI and /EFI/OC/ACPI/.

Remember that whatever SSDTs you want to use needs to be enabled in config.plist.
All set! thank you very much @pastrychef I can now boot with OC0.6.4.
Just a minor point: it looks like that the SSDT for the RX580 (mostly cosmetics to rename it to AMD RX580 - this is actually the SSDT from CaseySJ) doesn't work anymore. It is working on Clover 5127.

Thank you!

So, all of the components are mounted and internal cables connected. Next thing to do is see if I can straighten up the cables. However, I just noticed something. I put the Fenvi card in the x4 slot. My GPU is a double wide and mounting the Fenvi in the x1_2 slot seemed too close to the GPU fans. Should I move the Fenvi?

My Radeon VII is also double wide. I have my Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card in the x1 slot and it's fine.

All set! thank you very much @pastrychef I can now boot with OC0.6.4.
Just a minor point: it looks like that the SSDT for the RX580 (mostly cosmetics to rename it to AMD RX580 - this is actually the SSDT from CaseySJ) doesn't work anymore. It is working on Clover 5127.

Thank you!

What SSDT is that? I have never posted any EFI with SSDTs to rename GPUs.

If you want to edit the name of your GPU, please see post #3. At the bottom of that post, look for "How to populate System Information > PCI".

Back