Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Yes. Left the computer sitting for over an hour and now sleep is working again.. Im at a total loss..

Also when going to 0.6.4 Do we need to do this change?
*Upgrading to 0.6.4 may require additional steps when BootProtect is set to Bootstrap.

Thanks

I didn't need extra steps.

@pastrychef hey man how r u? I don't know did you installed Big Sur but, if you did, I wanna ask you something. Are you seeing the color profiles under the System Preferences/Display/Color other than your monitor profile?

@pastrychef hey man how r u? I don't know did you installed Big Sur but, if you did, I wanna ask you something. Are you seeing the color profiles under the System Preferences/Display/Color other than your monitor profile?

No. I only see my monitor.

So, FINALLY back to working on my Hackintosh (Hack_2)! Life, volunteer activities and other things interrupted, but we’re back.

At this point, the motherboard is fully populated and I’ve begun installing the power cables. The ATX_12V connectors on the mother board are what is shown on the diagram:
584FEBD6-F765-4EB5-A631-94D5F719B6EB.jpeg

The cable diagram from the power supply (Silverstone SST-ST75F-GS):

34AD4B02-59EC-4903-9EB5-206EAB8C10F4.jpeg

Connector detail:

2A91C418-9D80-415B-8308-5357D44138C2.jpeg

The left connector of P3, for example, has the same configuration of the ATX_12V_2X2, so I would think that is OK. However, the P4 does not match the ATX12V_2X4. P5, P6 and P7 are configured the same way. I have also verified the hardware against the diagrams. What’s going on here? I assume that an appropriate cable is available somewhere, but where? Haven’t found anything yet on GIGABYTE or Silverstone.

Last edited:
So, FINALLY back to working on my Hackintosh (Hack_2)! Life, volunteer activities and other things interrupted, but we’re back.

At this point, the motherboard is fully populated and I’ve begun installing the power cables. The ATX_12V connectors on the mother board are what is shown on the diagram:View attachment 501008

View attachment 501009

Connector detail:

View attachment 501010

The left connector of P3, for example, has the same configuration of the ATX_12V_2X2, so I would think that is OK. However, the P4 does not match the ATXP12V_2X4. P5, P6 and P7 are configured the same way. I have also verified the hardware against the diagrams. What’s going on here? I assume that an appropriate cable is available somewhere, but where? Haven’t found anything yet on GIGABYTE or Silverstone.

It's a conundrum, isn't it? A bit like one of those online intelligence quizzes.

To be honest I don't see an appropriate cable there. I would be using the ATX_12V_2X4, 8-pin header for average use. The cables supplied with my Corsair PSU included the correct "shape" key for the socket, in the same split-plug configuration, that matched. Not sure why Silverstone doesn't. This is the Z390M Gaming, isn't it?

Yes, GIGABYTE Z390 M Gaming...

Okay. Does your Silverstone come with only the cables you list? The 2x4 cable from my Corsair, which is only semi-modular, in that these two cables are fixed, terminate in the correct "shapes" for the motherboard.

You can, in theory use just a 1x4 plug/socket BUT I don't think that would be recommended with your i7 CPU. As I understood it the separate 1x4 was for extra power beyond the standard 2x4.

Again, sorry I can't make the Silverstone work despite examining each cable ... Mind you, maybe P3 will fit as the square shape is just bevelled at the bottom? Experiment carefully!

At this point, the motherboard is fully populated and I’ve begun installing the power cables. The ATX_12V connectors on the mother board are what is shown on the diagram:View attachment 501008

View attachment 501009

Connector detail:

View attachment 501010

The left connector of P3, for example, has the same configuration of the ATX_12V_2X2, so I would think that is OK. However, the P4 does not match the ATXP12V_2X4. P5, P6 and P7 are configured the same way. I have also verified the hardware against the diagrams. What’s going on here? I assume that an appropriate cable is available somewhere, but where? Haven’t found anything yet on GIGABYTE or Silverstone.

P4, P5, P6, and P7 should be used for graphics cards or Thunderbolt card.

P2 and P3 should be used for motherboard to power CPU.

I have no idea why the keying of the connectors don't match the motherboard. I think it's best to contact Silverstone and/or Gigabyte.

Okay. Does your Silverstone come with only the cables you list? The 2x4 cable from my Corsair, which is only semi-modular, in that these two cables are fixed, terminate in the correct "shapes" for the motherboard.

You can, in theory use just a 1x4 plug/socket BUT I don't think that would be recommended with your i7 CPU. As I understood it the separate 1x4 was for extra power beyond the standard 2x4.

Again, sorry I can't make the Silverstone work despite examining each cable ... Mind you, maybe P3 will fit as the square shape is just bevelled at the bottom? Experiment carefully!

No, I wouldn’t do that. While long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away, I did programming work for several years, I’m a retired mechanical engineer with very little contact with electronics hardware.

Just released Big Sur 11.1, can I update normal? as if it were an original Apple machine, or do I need to do something?
I am using OpenCore 0.6.4 with the updated kexts.

Back