Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

If Metal is working, it's working.

You can try adjusting PowerPlay Tables to improve performance.

Variations in performance are probably due to individual cards.
how do we do that?

This really feels like a brand new computer! I have been going through the forum trying to find the proper setting for the Energy Saver Preferences Pane so that Sleep/Wake works properly. I only have two options to Check/Uncheck; should they both be checked?

Put hard disks to sleep when possible
Wake for network access

I also came across a thread that stated that in order for Sleep/Wake to work properly that I should uncheck "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" in the Bluetooth/Advanced Preference Pane; I am using Apple's bluetooth Magic Trackpad and Magic Keyboard; should I still uncheck this setting?

Thanks,

Bruno

@ibruno : what is the problem with sleep/wake that you are having? "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" should normally be checked if you have standard platter HDDs.

Wake for network access will cause your rig to wake from sleep if another computer is trying to access it.

With the Bluetooth, you should have this checked because you are trying to wake it using a BT keyboard.

how do we do that?
It looks like Apple disabled the "magic" of RadeonBoost. Previously, this and mattystonnie's SSDT could trick the rig into loading the correct framebuffers for your card. But it sounds like Big Sur will only do it if it is the proprietary Radeon card for Apple's computers.

Having gone down the rabbit hole of overclocking my video card on the Mac side, I am not sure if it is really worth it. You can juice out a little bit more performance, but I found nothing that can match the performance of RadeonBoost or the Radeon Performance SSDT. I could never get the same GB5 benchmarks on the Mac side using similar settings as the AMD overclocking utility on the Windows side.

If you're still interested, CMMChris has an Excel spreadsheet somewhere here and on the Web where you can input the various values and it will spit out a PowerPlay Table that you can paste into your Device Properties.

I also came across a thread that stated that in order for Sleep/Wake to work properly that I should uncheck "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" in the Bluetooth/Advanced Preference Pane; I am using Apple's bluetooth Magic Trackpad and Magic Keyboard; should I still uncheck this setting?

No.

how do we do that?

Here's a link for a tool to help with creating custom PowerPlay Table for 5700 XT. I haven't seen one for 5600 XT but I guess you can ask for help there.

@ibruno : what is the problem with sleep/wake that you are having? "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" should normally be checked if you have standard platter HDDs.

Wake for network access will cause your rig to wake from sleep if another computer is trying to access it.

With the Bluetooth, you should have this checked because you are trying to wake it using a BT keyboard.
I wasn't having any problems, I was just wondering what the settings should be set to. Thanks for the info, so far everything works like a charm!

I made small adjustments to work better, first was audio, when connect headphones automatic sound from speakers stop working, no need manual select output device.

Also to in properties show up graphic card no just "???" need rest of Devices Properties delete and left only two, for audio and wifi/bt card

for wifi/bt. PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0) no need to change anything

for audio. PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) layout-id change to 02000000

And 2nd was boot Arguments I was delete no needed parts and update records to work.
p.s. if you have rx5700xt add agdpmod=pikera

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 15.58.44.png
Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 15.59.11.png

Hi, @pastrychef ,

Just a little question again. I'm trying to switch from clover to opencore. Would it just replace the EFI folder on the partition? I'm not getting boot on this way.

Yes.

Where is it stopping?
This is what I see on the boot screen, not even the correct disk appears. I imagined that the disk could be this "macOS installer" that appears in the photo, but it gets stuck on the apple logo.

IMG_0386.JPG

Back