Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Thanks for the heads up about the Device Property. I'll remove it.

My guess is the GT 710 is the cause for the graphics issue. Yes, I think a supported AMD graphics card is a better choice.

You should be able to find RX 560 cards for very little money now. Just make sure they are true RX 560 and not rebadged RX 550.
And avoid the XFX branded cards unless you want to flash the Vbios to make it work.
Thanks. I will switch to Sapphire RX570 4GB GDDR5 NITRO+. Is it a good choice?

@Lesvink44
I have it, also, in the notifications center. Also, dock edges not as smooth as it could be.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 17.17.14.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 17.17.14.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 44
I have Big Sur installed. I changed the name of the system and data drive to "macOS Big Sur" , was macOS Catalina. In OC boot picker, it is still showing as "macOS Catalina". I tried resetting NVRAM, does anyone know what I am missing here?

Have you tried using Disk Utility?

Right click on the volume/partition and select rename.

Thanks. I will switch to Sapphire RX570 4GB GDDR5 NITRO+. Is it a good choice?

@Lesvink44
I have it, also, in the notifications center. Also, dock edges not as smooth as it could be.

I have never personally used that card, but I think it should be fine.

Have you tried using Disk Utility?

Right click on the volume/partition and select rename.
Yeah, that's how I did it. Still shows old name in boot picker. I'm googling as we speak but cant find the answer :banghead:

Yeah, that's how I did it. Still shows old name in boot picker. I'm googling as we speak but cant find the answer :banghead:

That did the trick. How the hell do you find stuff so quickly? :clap: thanks!

Hi Humanate,
There is a lot of instructions on pastrychef's link, which ones did you follow?
These?

Capture d’écran 2020-11-14 à 18.56.07.png

Are you using the EFI folder from post #1? The only thing you need to do is to add your own Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.

Do not use the config.plist from post #4!

I recently killed my original LGA1156 build but am now back up and running thanks to your thread! So far everything is working perfectly, but similarly to this post, the "Processor" and "Graphics" info is incorrect in the "System Information" and "System Report" windows. Processor should be 3.6 Ghz 8-Core Intel Core i7 and Graphics should be Sapphire Pulse RX 570 4 GB. GeekBench 5 shows the correct CPU information but lists GPU as ???, although it does list the Compute Device correctly.

I know that the "System Report" can be edited as described in your subsequent post, but I was wondering if you had since learned if this could be corrected without having to edit the "System Report" window?

I am using your "EFI Clover r5126 Z390M v4" EFI folder and am running Catalina 10.15.7. I took the supplied config.plist from your EFI folder and used Clover Configurator to generate a unique Serial, Board Serial, and SmUUID.

Thanks again for helping to get my Hack back up and running!

Bruno

Attachments

• System_Information.png
    System_Information.png
    128 KB · Views: 38
  • CPU.png
    CPU.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Graphics.png
    Graphics.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 42
Back