Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

i5-9400 is not a problem.

Make sure you have disabled CFG Lock in BIOS.
CFG Lock is disabled.
Theese are Clover end Open Core I use (both work fine with 10.15.7):

Attachments

• EFI clover.zip
    14.9 MB · Views: 41
  • EFI OC.zip
    26.4 MB · Views: 41
CFG Lock is disabled.
Theese are Clover end Open Core I use (both work fine with 10.15.7):

They both seem fine to me. What do you see when you try to boot in verbose mode? Are you able to boot in to Big Sur Recovery partition?

That might be why the Apple logo resizes... Please test with native resolution.
Never thought much about the boot apple changing size.. On boot up it goes from small to large but still boots fine.
Im running a LG 27-inch (3840 × 2160) in Big Sur. Again i know its a cosmetic fix but where or how do you set the native resolution?

Thanks

Never thought much about the boot apple changing size.. On boot up it goes from small to large but still boots fine.
Im running a LG 27-inch (3840 × 2160) in Big Sur. Again i know its a cosmetic fix but where or how do you set the native resolution?

Thanks

Go to System Preferences.
Click Displays.
Hold the Option key and click the "Scaled" button.
Select the native resolution of your monitor.
Reboot and see if the Apple is still changing sizes on you...

They both seem fine to me. What do you see when you try to boot in verbose mode? Are you able to boot in to Big Sur Recovery partition?
On clover I see nothing, just the apple in the middle. I don't know how to start OC in verbose mode but it does the same as clover.
I started it again winth OC and made it work until first reboot but after that keeps rebooting. Than that I booted normally, I had to add IO80211Family.kext from Mojave to the OC kexts because mai wifi card is no longer supported on Catalina and now I am back again. May be becaus of IO80211Family.kext?
Did not try Big Sur recovery partition. Do I have it without installing Big Sur?

On clover I see nothing, just the apple in the middle. I don't know how to start OC in verbose mode but it does the same as clover.
I started it again winth OC and made it work until first reboot but after that keeps rebooting. Than that I booted normally, I had to add IO80211Family.kext from Mojave to the OC kexts because mai wifi card is no longer supported on Catalina and now I am back again. May be becaus of IO80211Family.kext?
Did not try Big Sur recovery partition. Do I have it without installing Big Sur?

To boot in verbose mode, add "-v" to boot arguments. This is true for both Clover and OpenCore.

I don't know if the IO80211Family.kext is a problem. I've never tried what you did...

No, you will not have Big Sur Recovery partition until Big Sur is installed.

To boot in verbose mode, add "-v" to boot arguments. This is true for both Clover and OpenCore.

I don't know if the IO80211Family.kext is a problem. I've never tried what you did...

No, you will not have Big Sur Recovery partition until Big Sur is installed.
Managed to add verbose mode to OC and this is what I got:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-11-13 at 15.32.22.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-13 at 15.32.22.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 45
Back