Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Do not edit OpenCore config.plists with Clover Configurator.
Ok. tried.. still no luck...
the MAC address I'm supposed to add in ROM using OpenCore configurator... am I correct in adding the Mac address that appears in my BIOS settings when I press f9 for information?

Ok. tried.. still no luck...
the MAC address I'm supposed to add in ROM using OpenCore configurator... am I correct in adding the Mac address that appears in my BIOS settings when I press f9 for information?
Which program you used, PlistEdit Pro?

am I correct in adding the Mac address that appears in my BIOS settings when I press f9 for information?

Correct.

I don't know what else to try. The same EFI worked for another user and it disabled his dGPU...

Which program you used, PlistEdit Pro?
I had used OpenCore configurator. But I've just tried it now with plistedit pro and still.. I get the partition selection screen, and when I select the "install macOS catalina" partition, the apple logo appears without a progress bar and nothing happens.

Correct.

I don't know what else to try. The same EFI worked for another user and it disabled his dGPU...
No worries. Again, I really appreciate the help.

Would it be worth trying to update my BIOS version to F9? I'm currently on F7

No worries. Again, I really appreciate the help.

Would it be worth trying to update my BIOS version to F9? I'm currently on F7

If you already have CFG Lock disabled, it shouldn't make any difference.

When you boot in verbose mode with OpenCore, where does it get stuck?

Looks like it's USB related. Please try with your USB flash drive and Logitech device in different USB ports. The ports in the rear should be good.
It may have been USB related, but I realized that my original clone to the 970 EVO hadn't completed successfully, and after I redid that, downloaded your latest EFI for Clover folder with the added SSDT, and updated the IDs, pretty much everything worked. Amazing! Thank you, @pastrychef! To remind you, I wasn't able to get the BIOS to startup with the CSM Support disabled, so it is enabled--not sure what that does.

Feels like everything works pretty well. My only issue is a little wonkiness with the USB ports. My Thermaltake case has 3USB ports on the front which are connected to the Gigabyte mobo as recommended by the manual: 2X USB 2 and 1 x USB3. One of the USB2 appears not to work ever. And sometimes when I plug my USB2 mouse and apple keyboard into what I believe are working ports, they suddenly don't work and I have to unplug and try different ports in the back. Is there any way to know which ports are recommended on back and front panel which can reliably work with USB2 and USB3 devices?

It may have been USB related, but I realized that my original clone to the 970 EVO hadn't completed successfully, and after I redid that, downloaded your latest EFI for Clover folder with the added SSDT, and updated the IDs, pretty much everything worked. Amazing! Thank you, @pastrychef! To remind you, I wasn't able to get the BIOS to startup with the CSM Support disabled, so it is enabled--not sure what that does.

Feels like everything works pretty well. My only issue is a little wonkiness with the USB ports. My Thermaltake case has 3USB ports on the front which are connected to the Gigabyte mobo as recommended by the manual: 2X USB 2 and 1 x USB3. One of the USB2 appears not to work ever. And sometimes when I plug my USB2 mouse and apple keyboard into what I believe are working ports, they suddenly don't work and I have to unplug and try different ports in the back. Is there any way to know which ports are recommended on back and front panel which can reliably work with USB2 and USB3 devices?

CSM = Compatibility Support Module. In some instances, video cards don't work right with this disabled. It shouldn't be problem to have it enabled.

As explained in post #1, my USB ports kext disables 3 of the 4 USB2 ports from the motherboard header. To get it to work right, you will have to re-do the USB ports kext to your specific needs. Please see the following guide:

If you already have CFG Lock disabled, it shouldn't make any difference.

When you boot in verbose mode with OpenCore, where does it get stuck?
ok, when I boot in verbose, I get this:

Attachments

• boot OC.jpg
    boot OC.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 32
ok, when I boot in verbose, I get this:

Please try booting in to the Recovery partition and reinstalling macOS on top of your current installation.

Back