Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Hi there Pastry,

I was wondering if you updated Clover to the 5026 release and if you know how the drivers are meant to be used.
Installing it without using the new drivers doesn't work.
Thanks a lot.

I haven't tried r5126 yet. But I was not able to get the previous few releases to work with Big Sur Public Beta so I didn't post any updated Clover EFIs on post #1... I will try to test r5126 soon.

Yep VirtualBox and Docker are free. But according to pastrychef it should work :D It would be lovely if you could test it too.

Virtualization will work. Don't worry about it.

I use VMware Fusion because it allows me to virtualize my "Bootcamp" drive. VirtualBox doesn't allow for that.

Hi,

On catalina 15.7 + IGPU + F9l,
I can't get the login screen. The boot is done well, but the screen remains black at login.
I use the links in post 1360.

@joobuzz

@ryaneford
did you manage to get started on iGPU in 15.7?

thx

Hi,

On catalina 15.7 + IGPU + F9l,
I can't get the login screen. The boot is done well, but the screen remains black at login.
I use the links in post 1360.

@joobuzz

@ryaneford
did you manage to get started on iGPU in 15.7?

thx

Please post your EFI.

Clover EFI updated to r5126.

Tested with Catalina 10.15.7 and latest Big Sur Public Beta.

Do not use your old config.plist. Instead, copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID from your old config.plist to the included config.plist.

Please test with a USB flash drive before replacing your existing EFI!

Last edited:
The newest clover configurator 5.16.0.0 is scaring me, I used to be able to open 2 plists at the same time in 2 different clover configurator windows and then carefully compare/edit etc. Now it won't open a 2nd one, but it makes it look like it loaded the 2nd one while in fact keeping the old one open. Even closing one plist and opening another re-opens the first one. Yikes!

What plist editor do you recommend for the new clover plist?

Last edited:
The newest clover configurator 5.16.0.0 is scaring me, I used to be able to open 2 plists at the same time in 2 different clover configurator windows and then carefully compare/edit etc. Now it won't open a 2nd one, but it makes it look like it loaded the 2nd one while in fact keeping the old one open. Even closing one plist and opening another re-opens the first one. Yikes!

What plist editor do you recommend for the new clover plist?
Try Propertree it's opensource

Please post your EFI.
Hi Pastrichef,
my Efi is exactly the same that the one attached in #1360
attached

Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 19.06.14.png

The boot process doesn't freeze.
I think it boots correctly but there is black screen at the login page. ???
Last frame before black screen attached

Attachments

• Videoframe_20201031_134632_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    Videoframe_20201031_134632_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
Back