Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming build with working NVRAM

Big sur
Capture_decran_2020-10-04_a_11.34.19.jpg

Yup. Looks like VideoProc needs an update. Or, you can try switching to iMac19,1 and enable IGPU.

Yup. Looks like VideoProc needs an update. Or, you can try switching to iMac19,1 and enable IGPU.
No because DRM not working.. So I keep iMacPro1,1 haha but I think problem is VideoProc.
I test download video HEVC and work fine but maybe is software decoder ^^

Message should work fine.

If you live near a Micro Center, they are currently selling i9-9900K CPUs for very cheap.

You can clone your drive using either Carbon Copy Cloner, SuperDuper!, or just boot in to Restore and restore from Time Machine. Remember to copy your EFI folder over to new drive after cloning.

Cool amp!!
Just discovered that NewEgg is having a sale on these! It looks as though the sale is on through Monday, Oct 5 - they're going for $379.99 this weekend. Figured I'd better order one while they are still in stock.

1601846854219.png

Amazon is still listing them, but mostly through third party sellers with... *cough* *cough* less than sterling reputations. Just FYI for anyone considering this build. A lot of these components don't have a long retail shelf life...

cheers,
J

It's not hard to adapt the EFI for any Z390. The only changes necessary should be config.plist > DeviceProperties and the USB configuration. Both of which can be easily addressed with the aid of Hackintool.

Be warned, however, using a Gigabyte Z390 ITX motherboard would mean that you won't be able to use a macOS compatible Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card if you have a video card in the PCI-e slot. You can use one of the drivers to get the Intel CNVi Wi-Fi working but you would lose at least some Continuity features.

The Asus Z390 ITX motherboards have M.2 slots that can be used with a macOS compatible Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card.

If you use an adapter for a native macOS card you can install it in the m.2 slot where you normally put SSDs. I do that myself so I can use a video card.

Also, in addition to the Asus mobo the Asrock one is also an option.

If you use an adapter for a native macOS card you can install it in the m.2 slot where you normally put SSDs. I do that myself so I can use a video card.

Also, in addition to the Asus mobo the Asrock one is also an option.

Yes, the M key M.2 slots can be adopted to A/E key, but I've always felt that's huge waste of PCI-e lanes and you lose an NVMe slot.

I don't know why Gigabyte had to be a-holes about the CNVi slot...

I just noticed something weird...

If you set OpenCore config.plist > Misc > Security > SecureBootModel > Default, the driver for my ACQ107 card doesn't load in Catalina. But it does load in Big Sur Public Beta...

Just discovered that NewEgg is having a sale on these! It looks as though the sale is on through Monday, Oct 5 - they're going for $379.99 this weekend. Figured I'd better order one while they are still in stock.

View attachment 490602

Amazon is still listing them, but mostly through third party sellers with... *cough* *cough* less than sterling reputations. Just FYI for anyone considering this build. A lot of these components don't have a long retail shelf life...

cheers,
J

Best Buy had them on sale last week for $379. I had it in my cart but didn't pull the trigger. Now they are up to $439. I assume Intel will keep manufacturing the i9-9900s for a while longer? My i5-9600K seems pretty zippy OC'd at 4.8GHz, but I would like to just max out my system with the i9 and be done with it.

OpenCore EFI updated to 0.6.2. All kexts updated to latest release versions.

Back